• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Branson v Murdoch fight

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Branson v Murdoch fight

My hearts with Branson but my head tells me that b*s***d Murdoch will win this one

Curiously there was nothing in The Times today!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...22/cnitv22.xml

Sir Richard Branson, the Virgin founder, has called for an all-party review of Rupert Murdoch's media empire, claiming it should be broken up to preserve democracy in Britain.

Virgin founder Sir Richard Branson insists that Murdoch's
    media empire has dominated the UK media for far too long
    In his second attack since the Murdoch-controlled BSkyB swooped on ITV, paying £940m for a 17.9pc blocking stake, Sir Richard said: "All of us know governments are scared stiff of Murdoch. If The Sun, The Sunday Times, The Times, Sky, The News of the World, just to name a few of the things that Murdoch owns, all come out in favour of a particular political party, the election is likely to be won by that particular party.

They were talking about this on radio 5 yesterday in their money hour bit - I was up early to drive down south.

What Branson was trying to do was get ITV on the cheap and Murdoch stole in there. Murdoch has played by the rules and Branson has been made to look a bit stupid my them. With Branson, as soon as he plays with the big boys he loses and then cries to the regulators about a lack of competition as he did with BA. I don't particularly like Murdoch, but on this occasion I'm quite happy to see the bearded self pulicising twat come a cropper.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

The only party that would really like to do that is Lib Dems, the only reason why is because they know they will never get elected, so they have nothing to lose - the other main parties however can possibly be elected and such elections in many respects depend on Murdock, so why would they want to **** with him?

I think his influence on elections is overated anyway - the old man is smart enough to back the horse that will win anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
        They were talking about this on radio 5 yesterday in their money hour bit - I was up early to drive down south.

What Branson was trying to do was get ITV on the cheap and Murdoch stole in there. Murdoch has played by the rules and Branson has been made to look a bit stupid my them. With Branson, as soon as he plays with the big boys he loses and then cries to the regulators about a lack of competition. I don't particularly like Murdoch, but on this occasion I'm quite happy to see the bearded self pulicising twat come a cropper.
        Are you happy that one man who has the power to effectively decide who is Prime Minister (in a country that he pays no tax) wants even more power to brainwash?
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
          Are you happy that one man who has the power to effectively decide who is Prime Minister (in a country that he pays no tax) wants even more power to brainwash?
          Are we talking about Threaded?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            I think his influence on elections is overated anyway - the old man is smart enough to back the horse that will win anyway.
            True, is that why he's back Gordon Brown right now then?

Comment

Branson may be a tw@t, but at least he invests in cool stuff like space ships - he sure is not a corporate **ck like most of top execs in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                Branson may be a tw@t, but at least he invests in cool stuff like space ships - he sure is not a corporate **ck like most of top execs in the world.
                Space ships and big watches.

Comment

Never trust a man with a beard
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                    big watches.
                    When did he buy the Big Ben?

Comment

Working...
                    X