• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It just gets worse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just gets worse

Indian Muslim clerics have condemned the use of verses from the Koran as mobile ringtones, Yahoo! reports.

Mohammed Asumin Qazmi, an official at the Dar-ul Uloom seminary in the northern Indian town of Deoband, said the verses were "not meant for entertainment", and declared that "anyone who persists in using these should be ostracized from society".

The practice is said to be common among among Muslims in Uttar Pradesh, especially those in their mid 40s and 50s. Bank manager Faiz Siddaqui defended his Koranic ditty thus: "Whenever my phone rings, I hear these verses that stress the values of hard work and honesty, and I feel closer to my religion."

Mufti Badru-Hasan, a leading cleric in Uttar Pradesh capital of Lucknow, was having none of it: "One should hear the complete verse of the Koran with a pious mind and in silence. If it is used as a ringtone, a person is bound to switch on the mobile, thus truncating the verse halfway. This is an un-Islamic act." ®

http://www.theregister.com/2006/11/22/unislamic_verses/
    Me, me, me...

And I thought Fur Elise was annoying.

Comment

clerics

muslim clerics should be shot. they are annoying everybody

Comment

You gotto to admit - very logical view they have, and logic has got to be commended.

Comment

Anyone who persists in using the crazy frog should also be ostracized from society!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

What are you on?

Originally posted by AtW
            You gotto to admit - very logical view they have, and logic has got to be commended.
            Logic - religion?
            You're a crazy man.
            Either that or you're chico.
            Why not?

Comment

What you want is a ringtone from the Koran which also plays a cartoon of Mohammed doing a pig up the bum!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Pig up the bum! Mmmmmm!
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Who cares? At least they're just bitching about their own, for a change.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

Working...
                  X