• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tide business banking-like app - experiences?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facebook keep pushing adverts for this new Business Banking-like App at me 'TIDE', is anyone else trying it?
    Tide Business Banking for Contractors | Contractor UK

Their blurb;

A super-charged current account

Your Tide account comes with built-in tools to help you run your business on web and mobile.
    Transactions categorised as they happen to automate bookkeeping.
    Attach files and add comments to transactions to help with expense management.
    Pay and send invoices quicker from Tide. Soon, we’ll also check to see if they’ve been paid and, if not, chase them so you get paid sooner.
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 June 2020, 15:05.

I don't believe in mobile banking, the crap security out ways any benefits.

And this is why...
    Tide is a current account, not a bank. We don’t take risks with your money, and so your account won’t be covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. Instead, we keep your funds in a ring-fenced account available to you whenever you want it.
    So who regulates this and what stops them from running away with your dosh?
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      I don't believe in mobile banking, the crap security outweighs any benefits.
      Who loves ya baby!
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm using it for plan C. It's a low turnover business, so minimal risk. I'm liking it for the convenience.

Not sure I would run my main contracting business through it though. Seems a little basic at this stage.
        World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          Who loves ya baby!
          Darn predictive text!
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
          X