• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy independence day!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy independence day!

Well done America for escaping oppression and dictatorship, or something like that says the voice.. perhaps one day they'll be a vid like this for the EU?

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Well done America for escaping oppression and dictatorship, ...
    As a Remainer, don't you think the US would have been far better off and safer staying in the British Empire?
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      As a Remainer, don't you think the US would have been far better off and safer staying in the British Empire?
      I reckon the British Empire is much better without the US. ... Oh, wait....

Comment

Well done America for escaping oppression and dictatorship, or something like that says the voice.. perhaps one day they'll be a vid like this for the EU?

Didn't bother with the video, but interesting to see the sacred heart image in the background.

Comment

Happy independence day!

All 13 colonies/states unanimously voted for independence. Even then it went through bloody hell to get to where it has got to. I reflect on Brexit, and there is barely a majority and many colonies are against it. Doesn't feel like a recipe for success. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Last edited by PurpleGorilla; 4 July 2017, 09:31.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
            All 13 colonies/states unanimously voted for independence. Even then it went through bloody hell to get to where it has got to. I reflect on Brexit, and there is barely a majority and many colonies are against it. Doesn't feel like a receipt for success. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
            Most of the CUK remainers don't live in the UK. Perhaps this forum should be renamed C-ex-UK or C-my-heart-doesn't-lie-with-the-UK.

Comment

In reality it was a proxy war between Great Britain and France. The US was split 50/50 between pro French and Pro British with the native American Indians siding with GB.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                Most of the CUK remainers don't live in the UK. Perhaps this forum should be renamed C-ex-UK or C-my-heart-doesn't-lie-with-the-UK-but-my-BTL-portfolio-does.
                FTFY
                http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Happy independence day!

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                  Most of the CUK remainers don't live in the UK. Perhaps this forum should be renamed C-ex-UK or C-my-heart-doesn't-lie-with-the-UK.
                  False, but that's never stopped you repeating lies before.

I'd point out that most of the members of this forum who voted for Brexit aren't actually contracting currently.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    I'd point out that most of the members of this forum who voted for Brexit aren't actually contracting currently.
                    How on Earth did you reach that conclusion?
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X