• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Controversial recipe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Controversial recipe

From carbonara to Marmite: Nigella Lawson's most controversial food moments

Nigella Lawson is a national treasure, of that there is no doubt. She has been providing Britain with easy home-cooking delights for nearly two decades now. She is also a bit of a cheat, partial to the odd culinary shortcut, and keen to present her unique twist on classic dishes.

We are used to her ways, but in Italy, Lawson's carbonara recipe, posted on Facebook earlier this week, caused a social-media explosion of Vesuvian proportions.

Don't mess with our carbonara, was the consensus among Italian commentators, who are still reeling from Mary Berry's assault on the traditional recipe for spaghetti bolognese.

Nigella adds cream to her carbonara, to make it extra rich and silky, a deviation from tradition that prompted one Italian (among many others) to rage: "Nigella, you are a wonderful woman but your recipes are the DEATH of Italian recipes, literally! NO CREAM IN CARBONARA NEVER, only eggs."

Nigella, of course, has form when it comes to upsetting food purists (and people who take this sort of thing far too seriously). Here, we run through her most controversial food moments and recipes

--

Source: From carbonara to Marmite: Nigella Lawson's most controversial food moments

OMG!!!

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    From carbonara to Marmite: Nigella Lawson's most controversial food moments

Nigella Lawson is a national treasure, of that there is no doubt. She has been providing Britain with easy home-cooking delights for nearly two decades now. She is also a bit of a cheat, partial to the odd culinary shortcut, and keen to present her unique twist on classic dishes.

We are used to her ways, but in Italy, Lawson's carbonara recipe, posted on Facebook earlier this week, caused a social-media explosion of Vesuvian proportions.

Don't mess with our carbonara, was the consensus among Italian commentators, who are still reeling from Mary Berry's assault on the traditional recipe for spaghetti bolognese.

Nigella adds cream to her carbonara, to make it extra rich and silky, a deviation from tradition that prompted one Italian (among many others) to rage: "Nigella, you are a wonderful woman but your recipes are the DEATH of Italian recipes, literally! NO CREAM IN CARBONARA NEVER, only eggs."

Nigella, of course, has form when it comes to upsetting food purists (and people who take this sort of thing far too seriously). Here, we run through her most controversial food moments and recipes

--

Source: From carbonara to Marmite: Nigella Lawson's most controversial food moments

OMG!!!
    Anyone can slip up, especially when having a little tootle, old boy

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Yeah, I've done 20 years, so what?
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I suspect it isn't really her recipes that have won here so many (male) followers. But I have to say, she she is bl**dy gorgeous actually. Even for a boiler.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          You are the daddy now?

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

She spent too much time making fresh, homemade pasta....

Comment

That's nothing to be sniffed at, I suppose
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

She can't fecking cook - that's the basic truth.

I mean - what do you need to do to carbonara? It's basically just straining the spaghetti, chucking in some fried prosciutto and folding in a beaten egg, a twist of black pepper and a (un)healthy grating of parmesan and putting it all on a plate.

Add a nice glass of Italian white and you're sorted.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I figured you must be on something, I had assumed you were sniffing tippex since you always had a bottle on your desk - and then I saw you using it...

His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    I mean - what do you need to do to carbonara? It's basically just straining the spaghetti, chucking in some fried prosciutto and folding in a beaten egg, a twist of black pepper and a (un)healthy grating of parmesan and putting it all on a plate.

Add a nice glass of Italian white and you're sorted.

Comment

Working...
                    X