PDA

View Full Version : Hard Brexit now!

sasguru
10th July 2017, 15:49
I've come to the conclusion this would be the best option all round.
Not going to affect me at all, so it would provide the best entertainment :happy

Make it so, May, make it so.

AtW
10th July 2017, 16:14
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROKXlvYMKQc

jamesbrown
10th July 2017, 16:27
sasbot v0.2 alpha!

shaunbhoy
10th July 2017, 16:29
I've come to the conclusion this would be the best option all round.

Of course you have................. :laugh

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/opinion/2016/04/17/dunce_hat-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqpawb723fAyJ42k_1qfiW_OIFT N8ZHEUZThdwcDv6fo4.jpg

sasguru
10th July 2017, 21:13
It's going to be fun in the next few years.

shaunbhoy
10th July 2017, 21:15
It's going to be fun in the next few years.

Not for your carers it won't be as they have to take turns mopping up your endless dribble!!

:laugh

sasguru
10th July 2017, 21:17
Not for your carers it won't be as they have to take turns mopping up your endless dribble!!

You've always been cannon fodder.
And you're too thick to avoid your fate :laugh:laugh
Do feel sorry for your kids though.

AtW
10th July 2017, 23:24
You've always been cannon fodder. And you're too thick to avoid your fate :laugh:laugh

It was obvious 15 years ago when he said he'd stay back as Columbian hostage.

Fecking disgrace for the Navy's kitchen - could not even peel them potatoes well.

shaunbhoy
11th July 2017, 07:44
It was obvious 15 years ago when he said he'd stay back as Columbian hostage.

Fecking disgrace for the Navy's kitchen - could not even peel them potatoes well.

At least I was issued with a gun, unlike you and sas with your white flags.

darmstadt
11th July 2017, 10:11
At least I was issued with a potato peeler and tin opener, being a REMF.

FTFY

BlasterBates
11th July 2017, 11:01
HSBC planning for a Hard Brexit (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-eu-hsbc-idUSKBN19W104)

The package of reforms suggested last week is very, very positive," he added, referring to labor market and economic reforms proposed by the French government

BrilloPad
11th July 2017, 13:30
Everyone agreed it would be a messy divorce. In fact, it composed the majority of arguments from the remain side.

I always felt it would be worthwhile.

OwlHoot
11th July 2017, 16:34
I've come to the conclusion this would be the best option all round. ...

It looks like the only outcome, and has done from the outset IMHO, unless May & co (or Corbyn & co God forbid :eek: ) completely cave in to what is sure to be the EU's total intransigence over their precious principles, especially freedom of movement (which may involve demanding the UK taking our "fair share" of millions more immigrants).

scooterscot
11th July 2017, 16:35
Looks like the £ is preparing for a hard brexit n all 1.12212 against euro! :D

Just as well wages are rising.. but I reckon inflation will win the race.

OwlHoot
11th July 2017, 16:41
Gloating Remainers seem to assume that any downturn in the UK would simply snowball on downhill to calamity, like medievil peasants starving in their fields with no recourse after a crop failure.

What they forget, or choose to ignore, is that the World is very linked these days and an economic dip is a buying opportunity, and the UK would be eager to allow suitable overseas investors to take advantage of that.

sasguru
11th July 2017, 16:46
Gloating Remainers seem to assume that any downturn in the UK would simply snowball on downhill to calamity, like medievil peasants starving in their fields with no recourse after a crop failure.

What they forget, or choose to ignore, is that the World is very linked these days and an economic dip is a buying opportunity, and the UK would be eager to allow suitable overseas investors to take advantage of that.

1. I don't think the result of Brexit will be calamity (although that's a possibility with no deal), simply a slow down in the economy's long term growth potential and the sidelining of the UK as a consequential power. In effect I think we'll be forced into the position of the US's de facto fifty-first state.

2. Yes overseas investors run most of our utilities, factories, and other assets. Let's have more in, especially from the US (see above) :rolleyes:

BlasterBates
11th July 2017, 20:36
It will be like the Thatcher years when life was really tough, the economy shrunk but unlike those times where Britain came through growing stronger, it will be a permanent shrinkage. So expect years of misery where nothing recovers but people simply get used to being poorer and accept it. Anyone expecting immigration to decline as a silver lining will be disappointed.

scooterscot
11th July 2017, 20:38
Regardless of the politics of Brexit, I find it worrying that this and previous governments refuse to consider the possibility of negative outcomes.

For example how prepared was the government of the day prepared for the Leave vote?

Completely unprepared. And the result was chaos.

BlasterBates
11th July 2017, 20:50
Lets face it as the untold miseries of Brexit unfold and I did notice the pound dropped yet again today so shoving up inflation and making public sector employees even poorer, Brexit will get harder and harder.

Former Tory MP warns of 'terrible trouble' if MPs oust Theresa May | UK | News | Express.co.uk (http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/827399/Brexit-news-Matthew-Parris-warns-of-Brexit-trouble-is-Conservatve-MPs-oust-Theresa-May)

Brexiteers have to ask themselves how long will employees put up with getting 2% poorer every year.

AtW
11th July 2017, 21:00

It could be much worse - next iPhone may cost £1200+!!! :eek

BrilloPad
11th July 2017, 21:11
1. I don't think the result of Brexit will be calamity (although that's a possibility with no deal), simply a slow down in the economy's long term growth potential and the sidelining of the UK as a consequential power. In effect I think we'll be forced into the position of the US's de facto fifty-first state.

2. Yes overseas investors run most of our utilities, factories, and other assets. Let's have more in, especially from the US (see above) :rolleyes:

What a cretin! USA only wanted UK for inside story on the EU.

I suggest UK joins with CHina and we can rule the world together....

sasguru
11th July 2017, 21:17
What a cretin! USA only wanted UK for inside story on the EU.

I suggest UK joins with CHina and we can rule the world together....

You should stop drinking your shandy now ...

BrilloPad
11th July 2017, 21:32
You should stop drinking your shandy now ...

I last had a drink in 2011.

Unlike you who only drinks CretinJuice....

darmstadt
11th July 2017, 21:46
There's no need for Brexit to bring the country and economy down, the workers (or is it just shit management) seem to be doing that themselves: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/uk-workers-less-productive-germany-business-france-american-sir-charlie-mayfield-john-lewis-be-the-a7834921.html

BlasterBates
12th July 2017, 07:14
Crush the saboteurs (http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/827468/vince-cable-brexit-liberal-democrats-political-party-civil-servants-whitehall)

civil servants in Whitehall are briefing against Brexit and are briefing politicians that Britain will not leave the EU

:D