• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Experian problems

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experian problems

Tried to log into Experian yesterday, to check my impeccable credit rating, but couldn't log in.

After going through the "forgotten user id" and "forgotten password" recovery procedures (the password one twice) and still failing, it is obvious my account has been locked.

So I emailed their "help" address to ask for it to be unlocked, and an automated reply said this could take up to five working days and had been caused by (I quote from the reply)

Due to a recent upgrade to our systems, you may be experiencing problems accessing your membership at the moment. Please be assured fixing this issue is our top priority and we hope to have this matter resolved as soon as possible. ...
    I then tried phoning their technical help line, but was told there was currently a waiting time of "over 20 minutes".

Not sure what to conclude from all this. But it seems amazing that in this day and age a large company can apparently balls up a simple thing like a secure web login!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Maybe they make money from the number you have to ring. Because after GDPR comes in next year, they are going to struggle to get money from anywhere else.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

FWIW, it was fecked last month too (couldn't update contact details on Credit Expert or login consistently). My conclusion: they're desperately tulipe, like sas' commentary on brexit.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        FWIW, it was fecked last month too (couldn't update contact details on Credit Expert or login consistently). My conclusion: they're desperately tulipe, like sas' commentary on brexit.
        So I suppose it would be safe to assume they're enthusiastic outsourcers ...
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          So I suppose it would be safe to assume they're enthusiastic outsourcers ...
          When I was there, yep. The thing I liked best about their model was they had outsourced the development and testing to two separate offshore outfits. Neither of which would talk to the other, so all queries were routed via the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            When I was there, yep. The thing I liked best about their model was they had outsourced the development and testing to two separate offshore outfits. Neither of which would talk to the other, so all queries were routed via the UK.
            That may have actually been for the best
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Tried to log into Experian yesterday, to check my impeccable credit rating, but couldn't log in.

After going through the "forgotten user id" and "forgotten password" recovery procedures (the password one twice) and still failing, it is obvious my account has been locked.

So I emailed their "help" address to ask for it to be unlocked, and an automated reply said this could take up to five working days and had been caused by (I quote from the reply)

I then tried phoning their technical help line, but was told there was currently a waiting time of "over 20 minutes".

Not sure what to conclude from all this. But it seems amazing that in this day and age a large company can apparently balls up a simple thing like a secure web login!
              There was a lot of problems with the app as well but it seems to be working for the moment. The call time is an absolute farce as I had to phone them a couple of weeks ago

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                That may have actually been for the best
                If I'd been there from the start, possibly, but it was a multi year programme for which I was having to try and respond to queries about functionality unrelated to anything I knew about

Still, kept the till ringing for a while

Comment

Working...
                X