• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's with the hugging?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's with the hugging?

It seemed dead for ages but the village club seems to have livened up again so started going back there on Fridays.

Many of the blokes there, mostly the ones under 50, are always hugging each other, standing around with arms round each others' shoulders or waists. I was talking to a chap and got a big hug and I didn't even know his name. No, it ain't a gay bar, all the blokes I do know are married.

Is this some new fashion?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

There's a hen do there tonight. Maybe I'll dress up in some lady's clothes from the charity shop and go along. I could manage a bit of lady hugging!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Sure Jean will give you one if you ask him nicely, he's quite forgiving.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Is this some new fashion?
        They're obviously excited to see each other....

Comment

If you are concerned about it you are a closet homosexual. A straight man would not care.

No-one here will judge you.....

Comment

Working...
          X