• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stupid Clients

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stupid Clients

A few weeks ago I was contacted by one of my direct clients asking if i could make some urgent system changes for them, I said yes would only be a few hours weekend work and can easily be squeezed in, requirements email from them was to follow so that i could give an accurate quote.

3 weeks down the line, still no email and having spoke to them about it the requirement is even more urgent... they just "haven't got round" to sending it yet

(and to top it off i'm one of only 2 people who know the system well enough to fix it in a few hours, anyone else would take at least a week whilst they figured out what the problem is)
    Coffee's for closers

Originally posted by Spacecadet
    A few weeks ago I was contacted by one of my direct clients asking if i could make some urgent system changes for them, I said yes would only be a few hours weekend work and can easily be squeezed in, requirements email from them was to follow so that i could give an accurate quote.

3 weeks down the line, still no email and having spoke to them about it the requirement is even more urgent... they just "haven't got round" to sending it yet

(and to top it off i'm one of only 2 people who know the system well enough to fix it in a few hours, anyone else would take at least a week whilst they figured out what the problem is)
    Ooooh, aren't you clever?

Comment

UK style explained:

"We need to do this as soon as possible" = Relax, see if u can do it next month

"It is urgent" = Required to be done this month...

"We need immediate response" = We may have some time for this work next week, if not postpone until next month

"It is mission-critical" = OK OK this week if we have time...

"0-level priority - action needed NOW!!" - Tomorrow

The rest is silence...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
        Ooooh, aren't you clever?
        not really, just in a fortunate position
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
          not really, just in a fortunate position
          you got out without having to document?
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
            you got out without having to document?
            I didn't build it, just worked on it several times in the past
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor
              UK style explained:

"We need to do this as soon as possible" = Relax, see if u can do it next month

"It is urgent" = Required to be done this month...

"We need immediate response" = We may have some time for this work next week, if not postpone until next month

"It is mission-critical" = OK OK this week if we have time...

"0-level priority - action needed NOW!!" - Tomorrow

spot on.

we had one where an mega-urgent fix was required, so urgent that PM got 2 of us to down tools and get the fix out. Got the fix out 9 months later still not been installed.
              Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
              X