• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prescott still costs us £2 million a year

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prescott still costs us £2 million a year

From the Times today
    John Prescott still costs the taxpayer almost £2 million a year, despite being stripped of all departmental responsibilities.

The Deputy Prime Minister's Office has 18 staff and its own offices in Whitehall.

The Tories say that they would vote against any future application to fund Mr Prescott's office.
    This got me thinking - what have we ever got from Prescott for our money?

His price per lb is still good compared with the other parasites at Westminster.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      From the Times todayThis got me thinking - what have we ever got from Prescott for our money?
      He made a deal with Blair. Nice sinecure in exchange for keeping the unions in line.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Wasn't it Prescott who said he would resign if people were not making fewer journeys by car in x years when he launched his transport plan?

But as far as incompetent Muppets go, why single him out - he is in very good company in that respect.
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
        X