• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gary Lineker's agent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gary Lineker's agent

Gary Lineker's agent says BBC pay gap may be caused by women using female agents who are 'not as tough'

Gary Lineker's agent has defended BBC's gender salary gap by suggesting some women may have got worse deals because they prefer to use female agents who are "not as tough".

The broadcaster has revealed it paid the Match Of The Day presenter between £1.75 and £1.8 million between April 2016 and April 2017, making him the second highest paid star behind Chris Evans.

The highest paid female presenter was Claudia Winkleman, who earned between £450,000 and £500,000.

Gary Lineker's agent says BBC pay gap may be caused by women using female agents who are 'not as tough'

I need Gary's agent.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      I need Gary's agent.
      You can't afford him
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        You can't afford him
        but MF's one is available for a pack of polos and a half of Boddingtons.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It does rather seem some people do have better agents and higher expectations.

The stars shouldn't dirty their hands by negotiating.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I don't believe that female agents are inherently worse than men at negotiating. However, there was a study a few years back that looked at recent graduate salaries and already at that young age, females were earning less than males. One of the main reason was that women asked for lower salaries than the men.

So, expectations play a big part.

FWIW, Gary Lineker was a world renowned footballer, his market rate would be nearer the top end I suppose.

Comment

Claudia Winkleman

Mmmmm, Growly.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
              X