• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The weekend thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The weekend thread

So it's Friday, the sun may (or may not) be out and in 3-9 hours time the week is finally yours to do what you want..

So what do you want to do?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Originally posted by eek View Post
    So it's Friday, the sun may (or may not) be out and in 3-9 hours time the week is finally yours to do what you want..

I am going to ponder why eek has not insulted me while creating the weekend thread......

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      I am going to ponder why eek has not insulted me while creating the weekend thread......
      Because its only funny if you do it occasionally. Continually doing it could be seen as bullying....

- edit I also couldn't think of anything witty enough to be worth using...

Comment

I'll be advertising in town to do anyone's wife for 50p. I've got school fees I need to pay for.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Thank you for asking.

Looking like work

Rest of the weekend = sleep and maybe catch the end of the golf...

one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            I'll be advertising in town to do anyone's wife for 50p. I've got school fees I need to pay for.
            I did hear you had something in common with Alan:
            Lord B'Stard will be remembered by those rich and privileged enough have known him, as a kind and generous man, a convivial host, brilliant raconteur, great patriot and extraordinary lover who perfected the eight second orgasm.
            £210 an hour? Blimey you will have those fees pretty quickly if you can find any customers.

And important news for Fans:

The B'Stard is back! : News 2017 : Chortle : The UK Comedy Guide

Writers Laurence Marks and Maurice Gran are developing a sequel called The B'Stard Legacy.

They say that their show is 'what the world needs in the time of the alt-right and Fake News'.

If it gets to the screen, the action will revolve around Alan's long-lost son Arron B'Stard, who was adopted by two Green Party activists in Welwyn Garden City and who has built up an international business and media empire.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

TFA

Well tonight will be spent packing the van and trailer. Tomorrow and Sunday will be spent doing a medieval show at a local children's event.

Mrs MUN is going to the pub on Sunday evening so I will see whether any of my regular crew fancy coming over and playing some board games or finishing off my BIL's RPG that I started running for him on his birthday ages ago!

Saturday night will probably be spent watching Supernatural and drinking wine with Mrs MUN.

You?
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Tonight: Friday Fizz, playing with new toy
                Tomorrow: Gardening, playing
                Sunday: Cricket.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

TFA

Takeaway and wine tonight. Bottle of something Fizzy to celebrate MrsB passing her first year OU exam.

Saturday : Final fettling of the new bike in preparation for next weekend. Checking packing list and working out where everything is going to go. A gentle spin on the bike to keep the legs moving.

Sunday : 100 miles or so on the bike in full LEL configuration, which will either give me confidence that I've got it all right or send me into a blind panic about stuff that doesn't work / fit / go right.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
                    You?
                    Train in 2 hours to Glasgow

Mrs Eek is doing a parkrun tomorrow so need to leave at 8:30 to meet someone guiding us to it at the nearest station

Then back Sunday night ready for a 4:30 taxi on Monday morning to the airport and Vienna...
                    Last edited by eek; 21 July 2017, 11:28. Reason: autocorrect pah

Comment

Working...
                    X