• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are taking the pi$$

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You are taking the pi$$

Computer Futures Solutions are seeking a Visual C++ developer to work for our software house based in the North West. You will be working with a team of developers on an existing, cutting edge, project to help add functionality to the software.

Key skills for the role include:
    >Visual C++
    >C++
    >MFC

This contract will run for at least an 8-12 month period and for the right candidate it is an immediate start with a rate of £18.00 per hour. If you are interested in this role please apply on-line now and contact James Doyle on 0161-817-7888.
    How much do you think these clowns are making on top?

Sounds about right for Computer Futures

Don't worry I'm sure they have a large store of Indians who have recently come into the country who will be more than happy to do the work for that price

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
      How much do you think these clowns are making on top?
      I have dealt with Compter Futures before and they actually don't skim that much off the top, the companies they supply people to are usually the ones that aren't willing to pay anywhere near market rates to start with. I think they usually take 8-10%.

(Had a permie role with a company that used them to source contractors for 10 months)

Comment

In my experience, CF have taken over 20%. Only when you start to have a reputation with a particular CF agent can you negotiate down but by their own admission they are reluctant to go lower than 15%.

Edited to say: it was over 6 years ago for several contracts with different companies.
        Last edited by hyperD; 23 November 2006, 11:13.
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

The company I worked for must have had them on a fixed commision then, they were paying silly low wages anyway, about £8/hour for testers and then wondering why half of them couldn't even write defects in English..... (All the ones that weren't school kids on summer holiday that is...)

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
            In my experience, CF have taken over 20%.
            Mine too (many years ago mind - won't touch with a tulipty stick these days)
            Greedy cnuts
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Ah, dear old Computer No Futures.
              I'm Spartacus.

Comment

One of the great things about a PM role is that you typically get access to detailed project finances. As a result, I know what the client is paying for all the contractors on my project!!

This of course, includes me! So I know exactly the current agent is making (not a lot!)!!

Problem is though, this client uses job cards for each role so the chances of getting a rate increase are limited!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang
                  One of the great things about a PM role is that you typically get access to detailed project finances. As a result, I know what the client is paying for all the contractors on my project!!
                  Do you know what the contractors are paid, or do you know what you are paying the agency?
                  If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                  X