• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

England Win The World Cup

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

England Win The World Cup

Cricket - Ladies.

Well done to them

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
    Cricket - Ladies.

Well done to them
    Great news, uplifting for the country...

one day at a time

Comment

Post gb-exit sporting success continues..

Our gals are on fire..

https://www.theguardian.com/football...euro-2017-live
      one day at a time

Comment

51 years of hurt are all over. We need never mention football again.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          51 years of hurt are all over. We need never mention football again.
          Nah we have to keep mentioning men's football as they are over paid prima donnas.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It was a great match, plus being able to chat with Mark, Heather, Tammy etc at the end and hold the trophy with them was a pretty great day out
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              It was a great match
              Indeed, shows what can be achieved with some grit and determination as opposed to gung ho approach of the men in their 2nd test match this summer. They should learn how to battle like the ladies...
              one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                Indeed, shows what can be achieved with some grit and determination as opposed to gung ho approach of the men in their 2nd test match this summer. They should learn how to battle like the ladies...
                It might also show the ECB / MCC / grounds what can be achieved with a little common sense and making the tickets attractively priced. Lord's was the noisiest that I've ever seen it, almost entirely full (one or two empty seats apart from the hospitality boxes and the member's pavilion, obviously), they allowed drums and instruments in - make it inviting and people will come.

I've never seen a ticket tout at a women's game before, but they were outside asking for tickets and not getting much interest that I could see. Top priced ticket was £30, I paid £24 for mine, and well worth every penny.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

I've never seen a ticket tout at a women's game before, but they were outside asking for tickets and not getting much interest that I could see. Top priced ticket was £30, I paid £24 for mine, and well worth every penny.
                  Well it was a final, if that's not a sell-out then something seriously wrong.

Shame the women's Euro 2017 doesn't seem to be getting as much support, going by the TV pictures showing whole stands closed off. Surely would have been better to reduce the ticket price even further, or give free tickets to locals/school kids to get the stands fuller.

Was going to go over myself but ended up in contract.

Another sport where the women are showing up the men. Semi finalists (and ultimately 3rd place, beating Germany, double whammy lads!) in last world cup, and currently doing well in Euro 2017, beating Scotland 6-0 and Spain 2-0.
                  Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

Another sport where the women are showing up the men. Semi finalists (and ultimately 3rd place, beating Germany, double whammy lads!) in last world cup, and currently doing well in Euro 2017, beating Scotland 6-0 and Spain 2-0.
                    +1

The fellas have a lot to learn from their female counterparts...
                    one day at a time

Comment

Working...
                    X