• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rail passengers happier with train firms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rail passengers 'happier with train firms' - BBC News

Last year, on my way up to London, Southwest trains were doing a survey on the train. It was off-peak in the school holidays. The train was near full with parents on a £14 day return and kids go free special. Oh yes. Value for money, wonderful service etc.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

You can only be surveyed if you are on the train. So anyone who suffers from a cancellation can't appear in the survey, which might skew the results somewhat.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      You can only be surveyed if you are on the train. So anyone who suffers from a cancellation can't appear in the survey, which might skew the results somewhat.
      I haven't been on a train for twenty years, as I prefer driving. But from what I've heard, I'm unhappy with rail services!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

In general I am happy with the train service from my local town.

1 service each way every hour

an extra 2 on the half hour during 'rush hour'

main problem is that it costs £14 return and during rush hour you will be standing up.

and when i can drive to work, park and get my lunch for less than that it does not represent value for me.

however whether i decide to pay the price is up to me and the trains are invariably on time and clean..

so all ok really!

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          I haven't been on a train for twenty years, as I prefer driving.
          That explains why passengers are happy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Indeed....

Comment

So there thank the service is woeful. Just slightly less woeful than before.

Comment

Working...
              X