• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Demanding and Arrogant Contract BA at Client Co

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Demanding and Arrogant Contract BA at Client Co

New contract BA guy rocks up to my desk, you know the sort, thinks he knows absolutely everything, about everything.

Slightly shifty, foxy, type of character, totally arrogant, walks around like he owns the place.

Turns out after lots of blithering about and mumbling Varchar this, Varchar that, turns out all the stupid twunt actually wants is a new table.

Anyway, in his so called spec, it turns out he hasn't given aliases for all the fields

In addition, he didn't even seem to know what most of the fields are data wise.

Total clown.

What should I do
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    New contract BA guy rocks up to my desk, you know the sort, thinks he knows absolutely everything, about everything.

Slightly shifty, foxy, type of character, totally arrogant, walks around like he owns the place.

Turns out after lots of blithering about and mumbling Varchar this, Varchar that, turns out all the stupid twunt actually wants is a new table.

Anyway, in his so called spec, it turns out he hasn't given aliases for all the fields

Total clown.

What should I do
    Shut up n write the code rather than throwing up barriers?

Just saying loike

Comment

Total clown.

What should I do
      Raise an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        Shut up n write the code rather than throwing up barriers?

Just saying loike

Quite happy to, its just all the unnecessary nonsense that he insists goes along with it.

Assigning number of characters to Varchars indeed, I mean its not as though disk space costs a fortune these days.

Such over engineering is just absolute time wasting IMO.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

he is probably in the market for a generator...

never gets old.

maybe talk to him about cricket?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

ask if he wants a chair to go with the table

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              he is probably in the market for a generator...

never gets old.

maybe talk to him about cricket?

I could, but he actually looks quite unfit.
              Looks like a heavy drinker, most probably into drugs too.

So, unsure if he would know anything about the game
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Total clown.

What should I do
                Which begs the question, could he be "one of us"...?
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I could, but he actually looks quite unfit.
                  Looks like a heavy drinker, most probably into drugs too.

So, unsure if he would know anything about the game
                  Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Which begs the question, could he be "one of us"...?
                  Suity!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Suity!!!!!!!!!!
                    Cant be.

I've seen a picture of Suity, this guy isn't half as good looking.
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                    X