• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brummie calls out NLUK on IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brummie calls out NLUK on IR35

No offence but
    northernladuk
    seem to be exaggerating IR35 most of the time. May be he/she got investigated therefore he/she is too cautious. Sometimes when you post a question on something, what you might receive would instil more fear than confidence.

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
    No offence but seem to be exaggerating IR35 most of the time. May be he/she got investigated therefore he/she is too cautious. Sometimes when you post a question on something, what you might receive would instil more fear than confidence.
    Damaged goods?
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

No offence but seem to be exaggerating IR35 most of the time. May be he/she got investigated therefore he/she is too cautious. Sometimes when you post a question on something, what you might receive would instil more fear than confidence.
      I'm not exaggerating it, I am discussing the technicalities of it. Once people can understand it, then they are free to pick and choose how much they want to apply. No point someone asking a question and we say 'yeah go for it you'll be fine. Who cares if you don't know what MoO is.'
      What use is that?

It isn't the be all and end all yes but nothing wrong with discussing it to a point that people actually understand what one of the three main pillars of defense is surely?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I'm not exaggerating it, I am discussing the technicalities of it. Once people can understand it, then they are free to pick and choose how much they want to apply. No point someone asking a question and we say 'yeah go for it you'll be fine. Who cares if you don't know what MoO is.'
        What use is that?

It isn't the be all and end all yes but nothing wrong with discussing it to a point that people actually understand what one of the three main pillars of defense is surely?
        +1.

Be informed, whatever you do.

Otherwise choose "life"

End
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

The main reason to have tasks and deliverables defined in the contract is to protect you in case you have a dispute with the client or agency.

For example if the client says as part of your role you are to data input 300 records as you don't have defined tasks you can't argue that it isn't part of your role.

Tax investigations - which tends to start as something else - is the next reason.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What use is that?

The point here is the level of technicalities needed. If I may, can I ask you to go through your posts (related to IR35)? I can guarantee that 99.99% of it says that they or their contract or the wordings fall under IR35 let alone their posts (which is not legally bounding). No offence again, just saying. I have contracted in europe for many years paying tax in the UK but if I had asked the question here, I know I would have received answer saying that "You have to register in that country and pay the tax there, even if you were commuting weekly...". What we forgot is that facebook paid £4K as corporation tax legally while everyone of us are paying at least 15K minimum.

Comment

The point here is the level of technicalities needed. If I may, can I ask you to go through your posts (related to IR35)? I can guarantee that 99.99% of it says that they or their contract or the wordings fall under IR35 let alone their posts (which is not legally bounding). No offence again, just saying. I have contracted in europe for many years paying tax in the UK but if I had asked the question here, I know I would have received answer saying that "You have to register in that country and pay the tax there, even if you were commuting weekly...". What we forgot is that facebook paid £4K as corporation tax legally while everyone of us are paying at least 15K minimum.
              We didn't forget, we don't care. It's a completely different animal so not related to us. I'd hope what we would have told you is what the law is that relates to your question.

What is 'under IR35'?
              Last edited by northernladuk; 26 July 2017, 21:28.

Comment

We didn't forget, we don't care. It's a completely different animal so not related to us. I'd hope what we would have told you is what the law is that relates to your question.
                Most of the contractors come and ask the question know what the law states. They are here for the practical point of view. Its the difference between avoidance and evasion.

Comment

Most of the contractors come and ask the question know what the law states. They are here for the practical point of view. Its the difference between avoidance and evasion.
                  Well that's absolute bollocks as this very thread proves.

You've pulled me uo right in the middle of explaining to blossom what MoO really is and while we chat SueEllen is helping her understand statements of work so your argument couldn't have fallen flatter.

Comment

WTF are you on about?

Your post doesn't make sense.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X