• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

House prices explained in simple terms

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

House prices explained in simple terms

For the benefit of those of you who know C++ better than Economics: current UK house prices are speculative bubble that will inevitably burst, it is just a question when (the later it happens, the worse it will be).

Right now there are 4 parties in this problem:

1) Fairly large group: those who bought property sometime ago and seen its value raise - they are obviously biased and can be discounted

2) Not big, but substantial: those who bought or going to buy property now - sh1t scared it will drop in price, so in denial - they too, can be discounted.

3) Fairly large group: Those who can't afford property but desperately want to buy it - naturally they wish prices go down, so these can be discounted as biased as well.

4) The last group comprises of few men with hearts of a lion and cool minds that are capable of abstracting from bias and providing objective view over complex problem that others fail to see from different viewpoints.

I don't know about you, but I bought my house to live in. Everything else is irrelevant.
    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

*with lion's hearts

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        House Prices explained...
        Simple, City Bonuses and Immigration

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
          For the benefit of those of you who know C++ better than Economics: current UK house prices are speculative bubble that will inevitably burst, it is just a question when (the later it happens, the worse it will be).

Right now there are 4 parties in this problem:

1) Fairly large group: those who bought property sometime ago and seen its value raise - they are obviously biased and can be discounted

2) Not big, but substantial: those who bought or going to buy property now - sh1t scared it will drop in price, so in denial - they too, can be discounted.

3) Fairly large group: Those who can't afford property but desperately want to buy it - naturally they wish prices go down, so these can be discounted as biased as well.

4) The last group comprises of few men with hearts of a lion and cool minds that are capable of abstracting from bias and providing objective view over complex problem that others fail to see from different viewpoints.
          Stick to SKA - you know absolutely zilch about anything else....
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Yaay! Another house price thread.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
              For the benefit of those of you who know C++ better than Economics:
              I know a bit about Economics (what I can remember from my A Level days) but I don't know what C++ is, so you've really confused me now. Is it slightly better that C+ and a bit worse than B-? I used to get C+'s all the time, and the occasional B-, but never a C++. Should I have worked harder?
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                "C++ is to C as lungcancer is to lung"

Unix Haters Bible (or whatever).
                That hasn't helped. Sorry.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

One sentence to explain all markets

Fear and greed

oh and herd mentality
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                    One sentence to explain all markets

Fear and greed

oh and herd mentality
                    Oh goody, let's abolish them and let a central body decide prices.
                    No wait, didn't someone try that already?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X