• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Compnaies House

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compnaies House

Just did my annual return for Companies House online. For a Govt agency it was very impressive. Everything worked as it should, it was clear and easy to follow and half the price of filing by post.

Now if they could just get the same people who did that to sort out the CSA, NPfIT, Inland Revenue etc.....
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

That's what I thought to, until I realised that they don't send out recipts when I was doing my VAT a couple of months later....

Ended up not claiming VAT on it in the end

Comment

On the FRS so makes no difference for me. And the VAT on £15 is hardly worth the effort, especially since you save £15 doing it online to begin with.

Comment

Why are you even having to pay for this?

Surely you only pay when you have to make changes...not when you are merely checking the information they have is correct in the first place!

FFS!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
          That's what I thought to, until I realised that they don't send out recipts when I was doing my VAT a couple of months later....

Ended up not claiming VAT on it in the end
          There is no VAT to reclaim on the Companies House filing fee.

Comment

I don't feel so conned now (and I know VAT on £15 would be minimal, it was the principle).

On a unrelated note how do they get away with that? I though every business making more than £60,000 a year had to be VAT registered, ergo surely companies house must be VAT registered, ergo surely they should be charging VAT for letting you use thier services....

I'm calling Customs and Excise!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
              I don't feel so conned now (and I know VAT on £15 would be minimal, it was the principle).

On a unrelated note how do they get away with that? I though every business making more than £60,000 a year had to be VAT registered, ergo surely companies house must be VAT registered, ergo surely they should be charging VAT for letting you use thier services....

I'm calling Customs and Excise!!!!
              Some supplies are either zero rated or exempt and so no VAT is actually charged. Perfectly legal. As another example, VAT is not charged on newspapers, books, childrens clothes etc..

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams
                Some supplies are either zero rated or exempt and so no VAT is actually charged. Perfectly legal. As another example, VAT is not charged on newspapers, books, childrens clothes etc..

Alan
                Apologies if you are taking me too seriously Alan, I am aware of zero rated hence the in my previous post

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB

Now if they could just get the same people who did that to sort out the CSA, NPfIT, Inland Revenue etc.....

Did a bit of poking about in the page source and staggeringly enough it appears to have been done "in-house".

Code:
                  <meta name="CH-Creator" content="Companies House Product Development Team">

Comment

Working...
                  X