• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dental Implants Anyone Had One

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dental Implants Anyone Had One

Anyone had an dental implant, if so does it hurt and can anyone recommend a dentist who does them ? Incident while drunk and munching on a toffee means I need one, dont want bridge as teeth around the one I lost are A1.

Originally posted by Ivor1
    Anyone had an dental implant, if so does it hurt and can anyone recommend anyone ?
    Yes, a dentist.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Anyone had an dental implant, if so does it hurt and can anyone recommend a dentist who does them ? Incident while drunk and munching on a toffee means I need one, dont want bridge as teath around the one I lost are A1.
      Yes

Yes it hurts and it's expensive!

No!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

You can get very cheap cosmetic dentistry abroad.

If you have a UK dentist they will be foreign anyway and charge you 3x the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
          Yes, a dentist.
          lol but they all say it wont hurt to get the business, I want someone who has had one. Having a mental pole wacked into your jaw bone has got to hurt ?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            You can get very cheap cosmetic dentistry abroad.

Yeah but if you have a problem you have a long way to go to get it sorted, other dentist not keen on sorting other dentists messes out.
            If you have a UK dentist they will be foreign anyway and charge you 3x the price.
            Long way to go if you have problems with it though

Comment

lol but they all say it wont hurt to get the business, I want someone who has had one. Having a mental pole wacked into your jaw bone has got to hurt ?
              A mental pole? Use a South African instead. There's loads and they are sane.

Comment

As I already said, it hurts your gob and your wallet - a lot!

I had three implants (at the upper front) done about 6 years ago. One of them needed repair within a year, so check that the work is guaranteed,

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Long way to go if you have problems with it though
                  Just hop on a cheap flight back. Cheaper than a taxi to your dentist here probably!

Comment

I'm told they are upwards of 1500 quid each.

Comment

Working...
                    X