• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Handys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Handys

Just upgraded my Motorola V3 to a Z3 and it wouldn't work. Kept telling me to put the SIM card in even though it was in. Tried it with another one and the same happened again. Tried it with 2 others that I have and they both worked. Strange, I thought to myself so rang my provider. Apprently the first 2 SIM cards are too old for the phone (one from '98 and the other about 2000) and the voltage has changed so I have to get 2 new SIM cards. More outlay...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt
    Just upgraded my Motorola V3 to a Z3 and it wouldn't work. Kept telling me to put the SIM card in even though it was in. Tried it with another one and the same happened again. Tried it with 2 others that I have and they both worked. Strange, I thought to myself so rang my provider. Apprently the first 2 SIM cards are too old for the phone (one from '98 and the other about 2000) and the voltage has changed so I have to get 2 new SIM cards. More outlay...
    Normally the provider will upgrade the SIM card no charge.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I've given up with Motorolas they have too many dropped signals.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy
        Normally the provider will upgrade the SIM card no charge.
        Not here, cost me €25.99
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964
          I've given up with Motorolas they have too many dropped signals.
          Never had a problem, possibly UK networks. Used it all over the world with clear reception. I like them as they connect via USB to my laptop and I can use it as a modem if I have to.

Comment

Working...
          X