• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone flown Sleazyjet recently?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone flown Sleazyjet recently?

Been emotionally blackmailed into visiting the parents in Spain, and noticed that Big Orange has now opened a route from Manchester to Granada which saves a drive the other end flying into San Javier, not flown with them in a while, we I protest their extra £40 in fees and not book seats, are they under any obligation to sit a child next to their parents when "randomly selected'?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

They have a policy that children sit next to a parent. However it doesn't mean that both parents will be seated together.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

there are rules about children under 12 being seat 'next' to parents (iirc)

next to is either directly next to, across an aisle, seat directly in front or seat directly behind.

However on sleazy jet as no one has a 'seat' then most decent humans would be happy to swap accommodate for a child if they were concerned about not being near a parent.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        They have a policy that children sit next to a parent. However it doesn't mean that both parents will be seated together.
        There are four of us (two adults and two children) and the plane seating configuration is three and three so we wouldn't all be sitting together anyway, I assume a child will always be assigned a seat next to an adult, or I might be lucky and MrsMac gets the two kids and I am at the back of the plane

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          there are rules about children under 12 being seat 'next' to parents (iirc)

next to is either directly next to, across an aisle, seat directly in front or seat directly behind.

However on sleazy jet as no one has a 'seat' then most decent humans would be happy to swap accommodate for a child if they were concerned about not being near a parent.
          Not anymore, they make you pick a seat (for a price) as part of the booking process, or allocate you a random one when you get to the gate

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Not anymore, they make you pick a seat (for a price) as part of the booking process, or allocate you a random one when you get to the gate
            Flown with them a few times recently (last year or so) and they have always given us seats next to each other if we did the online check in as soon as it's available (up to 30 days before time of flight IIRC), providing it's all under one booking reference.

May be worth checking how much they charge to change seats after online check in to see how much the gamble would cost if you were unlucky and had to swap one or two seats around after. Maybe they offer check in via phone rather than online so can be sure it's all sorted properly.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Flew a couple times recently - not too bad! If you're not far enough towards the front of the queue you might have to put your hand luggage in the hold. Sometimes they take the bags at the gate, sometimes indicate this with a tag you may or may not be able to remove

Comment

Simon are you asking because you want to sit with your sprogs or because you'd prefer not to?
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Simon are you asking because you want to sit with your sprogs or because you'd prefer not to?
                  I refuse to answer that on the grounds it will incriminate me

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                    most decent humans
                    You won't find many of them on an Easyjet flight!

Comment

Working...
                    X