• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Kicking off in Luton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kicking off in Luton

Luton Airport holidaymakers' cars vandalised on side streets

Yes that's Brexit voting Luton .

Luton Airport holidaymakers' cars vandalised on side streets - BBC News

Cars belonging to holidaymakers who parked on streets near an airport have been vandalised.
    The two vehicles were left on roads close to Luton Airport.
    A windscreen and windows were smashed and the cars daubed with messages complaining about people not paying for airport parking.

Last edited by Paddy; 9 August 2017, 01:03.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Suity!
    Last edited by Scruff; 10 August 2017, 09:10.
    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

So which bunch of scrotes here thinks they own the road?

Comment

Generally the only people who show this lack of respect for other people's property are those who generally do not work and have everything provided by the state and so never have any of their own property.

But I could be wrong.

Comment

I sympathise with the residents, as this kind of parking must be very frustrating. But vandalism is not the way to deal with the issue.
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Also if you look - it is not like those are expensive cars - so maybe what they have actually done is trash someone's car who had saved for years to take their family on holiday.

No excuse for this and the perpetrators should be strung up and pitchforked.

Comment

Yet another reason to avoid Luton (as if we needed another reason...)

Reminds me of a street party we had a few years ago, some git (not a local) left their car parked in the street for several days, despite the warning signs which had been up for at least a couple of weeks. So there was a whole empty street with just this one car on it.
              To start with we tried to be careful not to damage it, but later on the beer kicked in and we had a giant game of football - there were points on offer for hitting various parts of the car. Finally we let the kids loose on it, and the poor bastard came back to a right mess of dried on ketchup, silly string, shaving foam, beer cans tied to the exhaust etc.
              I'd have paid to see the look on his face when he got back to the car...
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

When we got residents parking, there were notices on lamp posts that people needed to move their vehicles before the lines were painted a week before. Anyway a couple of people didn't

One of my neighbour's admitted to "kindly" directing the tow truck to the different roads to dump the vehicles which were car and a mini-bus. (The owners didn't live on our road we were just one of the few roads without it in place.)

Later that day while outside gossiping with a another neighbour we watched as the mini-bus driver returned, couldn't find his vehicle where he parked it and panicked. He then turned round, saw his vehicle at the end of another road and looked completely baffled.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

If people parking their cars had take a moments thought , or were not so tight, they would have shelled out for airport parking.

Hopefully council will soon introduce permits.

I don't think vandalising them is the best way forward. Far better to break in, jump start and drive it into the nearest canal.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    If people parking their cars had take a moments thought , or were not so tight, they would have shelled out for airport parking.

Hopefully council will soon introduce permits.

I don't think vandalising them is the best way forward. Far better to break in, jump start and drive it into the nearest canal.
                    I can't condone canal-based vandalism but I'd be happy to condone driving it into the short-term car park, where they'd almost certainly get a bill for more than the value of the car, looking at some of the sh!te in the photos...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X