• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oldest trick in the book - not just agents!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oldest trick in the book - not just agents!

Booking a villa for hols. 17 days. Got a quote from someone. Pretty good price. Looking at their availability calendar it seems our booking fitted exactly into a 19 day slot they had.

All along dates were at top of email (it was booked via homeaway). I even confirmed the dates and price.

So I send off booking form and go to pay. Suddenly, oops, owner says that I accidentally gave you price for two weeks not 17 days. So its £200 more.

Yeh yeh nice try. Seen that one before. The old, "made a mistake with rate" or "clients budget has been cut".

Seems like the guy was initially happy to fill a booking but got a bit greedy. I'll be saying no thanks.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Booking a villa for hols. 17 days. Got a quote from someone. Pretty good price. Looking at their availability calendar it seems our booking fitted exactly into a 19 day slot they had.

All along dates were at top of email (it was booked via homeaway). I even confirmed the dates and price.

So I send off booking form and go to pay. Suddenly, oops, owner says that I accidentally gave you price for two weeks not 17 days. So its £200 more.

Yeh yeh nice try. Seen that one before. The old, "made a mistake with rate" or "clients budget has been cut".

Seems like the guy was initially happy to fill a booking but got a bit greedy. I'll be saying no thanks.
    A static caravan is not a villa. Anyway, wouldn't 17 days away mean missing 3 weeks signing on, or are you going to Barry so you can nip home?

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
      A static caravan is not a villa. Anyway, wouldn't 17 days away mean missing 3 weeks signing on, or are you going to Barry so you can nip home?
      Not everyone has a wife's castle or two to holiday in.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Not everyone has a wife's castle or two to holiday in.
        Speak for yourself!
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Don't think they got any caravans at Barry these days? Trecco Bay Porthcawl is the place.

I did go to Florida once whilst claiming JSA. Had to miss payment for these weeks. BTW - rules are if you holiday abroad in the EU you can still claim whilst away.

Comment

Barry and PC cover each others breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              On your 'bored housewife' chatline?

Comment

On your 'bored housewife' chatline?
                PC and Barry do first line helpdesk and help out with mopping up and other BAU work.

Apparently it's borderline IR35. It is what it is.

Comment

PC and Barry do first line helpdesk and help out with mopping up and other BAU work.

Apparently it's borderline IR35. It is what it is.
                  Yeh yeh yeh. Look at me I'm bertie big bollox lol.

Hasvent touched a PC in years. As I've said many times, never touched 1st line support ever. Went from being developer to 2nd line and that was 25 years ago.

Comment

Think Phil is on about Barry Island - beach resort in south wales made famous by gavin and stacey. tuliphole it is mind.

Comment

Working...
                    X