• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

10 Things You Didn’t Know About The Thick of It

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linky

It's 12 Years since this show first hit our screens in 2005, here's some nuggets about it's making. It's written from an American perspective, so has a few errors like "Jeremy Paxon" and "Time Trumpets". But it's informative nontheless.

I'll add Fact #11 if I may, which is that Ian Martin was hired as a 'Swearing Consultant' for the show, resulting in one of the finest tirades ever seen on any screen IMHO (very sweary, find it on YouTube) :

Malcolm Tucker: [preparing Ben for going on TV again] Get him properly f---ing screen-tested! I'm sorry, mate, but you need a lot of powder. I've never seen anyone look so f---ing ugly with just one head!

Ben Swain: No, I've lost my... erm... safety...

Malcolm Tucker: Who was it that did your media training? Myra Hindley? It's terrible! All these hands all over the place! You were like a sweaty octopus trying to unhook a bra! It was like watching John Leslie at work!

Ben Swain: Yes, I know all that. It just, kinda, fell away. It's like one of those dreams when you're wandering around Covent Garden with just a vest and everyone's staring at you.

Jamie: It was much worse than that. I mean, how many people see you at Covent Garden? A few thousand? Your meltdown was witnessed by 1.2 million people! That's more people than saw Al Jolson in his f---ing career! And that's Al f---ing Jolson!

Malcolm Tucker: He loves Al Jolson.

Jamie: The Guvnor!

Oliver Reeder: Maaameee!

Jamie: You take the piss out of Al Jolson again and I will remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock! Then, I'll put some speakers up your arse, and put it on shuffle with my f---ing fist. And every time I hear something that I don't like, which will be every time that something comes on, I will skip to the next track by crushing your balls!
    Happy Friday
    Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
    "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Working...
X