• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Companies House documents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Companies House documents

The most stressful part of setting up my Ltd. was trying to get a bank account, and because I'm a masochist I'm now trying to get a deposit account from Alliance and Leicester.

They say for companies incorporated less than 18 months, they need to see a copy of the 288a Appointment of Director or Secretary form, and 88(2) return of allotment of shares, neither of which I personally have.

The first one confuses me as surely that's the form you send off? Is it meant to come back officially stamped? What I don't understand is why Alliance and Leicester can't just use the Companies' House website to obtain the same information.

The second hopefully the company secretary has, and this is the real problem. I was stupid enough to assign a formation agent to be company secretary (for a fee) and I don't really have a lot of confidence in them. I was planning on changing this arrangement once the first year is up.

But so I can go armed with the facts, can anyone tell me if the company secretary should be in posession of this stuff?

Thanks.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Originally posted by VectraMan
    The most stressful part of setting up my Ltd. was trying to get a bank account, and because I'm a masochist I'm now trying to get a deposit account from Alliance and Leicester.

They say for companies incorporated less than 18 months, they need to see a copy of the 288a Appointment of Director or Secretary form, and 88(2) return of allotment of shares, neither of which I personally have.

The first one confuses me as surely that's the form you send off? Is it meant to come back officially stamped? What I don't understand is why Alliance and Leicester can't just use the Companies' House website to obtain the same information.

The second hopefully the company secretary has, and this is the real problem. I was stupid enough to assign a formation agent to be company secretary (for a fee) and I don't really have a lot of confidence in them. I was planning on changing this arrangement once the first year is up.

But so I can go armed with the facts, can anyone tell me if the company secretary should be in posession of this stuff?

Thanks.
    The Company Secretary does not have to retain copies but many do. All this information should be on file for any normal bank to view online. A couple of our clients have tried A&L and encountered similar problems. They will usually accept a letter from your accountant confirming they have been filed, assuming they did this for you?

Alan

Comment

The formation agents would have done this. I have a print out of the Companies House record showing me as director and them as co. sec., and I also have two stamped stock transfer forms showing the two shares transferred to me (although I've never quite understood how this shows I'm 100% shareholder as it doesn't say the total number), that I had to show to the bank first time round.

Thanks. Once I get the proper application paper work I'll phone them up to see exactly what they need.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
        I also have two stamped stock transfer forms showing the two shares transferred to me (although I've never quite understood how this shows I'm 100% shareholder as it doesn't say the total number), that I had to show to the bank first time round.
        If no additional shares have been issued then 100% is equal to 2 shares! Additional shares would have been reported to Companies House on a form G88(2).

Alan

Comment

Careful about that though mate. As far as I can tell I have a trustee who owns 1 share but because the other 99 havent been dished out (to myself) the trustee actually own the company. But I still managed to get a business account with Lloyds who just didn't seem to care.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan
            Careful about that though mate. As far as I can tell I have a trustee who owns 1 share but because the other 99 havent been dished out (to myself) the trustee actually own the company. But I still managed to get a business account with Lloyds who just didn't seem to care.

No it doesn't. It means the company still owns them. If the trustee is a director they could entry into a transaction to buy the other 99 though but that's a different thing.

Comment

The trustee isn't a director, no. Can I just go and give myself the 99 shares then or leave them with the company?

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan
                The trustee isn't a director, no. Can I just go and give myself the 99 shares then or leave them with the company?

Dan, I would not do anything until you have let your accountant see all the documents!

Alan

Comment

Working...
                X