• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Representation Email

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Representation Email

Hi,
    I am thinking of going back to contracting, after several years being a permanent worker, and am somewhat confused by a number of recruitment agents asking that I send them a 'Representation Email'. Is this a new thing or an indication that there are many agents fighting over a few positions with suitable candidates?

Never heard of it but yes they are.

EDIT : Oh that representation... To confirm they are sole representative. Yep common...

And yes they are.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 14 August 2017, 11:30.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sgpg View Post
      Hi,
      I am thinking of going back to contracting, after several years being a permanent worker, and am somewhat confused by a number of recruitment agents asking that I send them a 'Representation Email'. Is this a new thing or an indication that there are many agents fighting over a few positions with suitable candidates?
      The latter, without doubt. Did you know that around a few thousand new agencies pop up each year? They have to get their Porsches from somewhere.

No harm is going with single representation provided that (a) the agency is actually allowed to tender for the role in question (more than a few hear about something and punt it despite not being on the PSL for the client) and (b) that they have genuinely put you forward (more than a few get the letter and then don't do anything so you can't apply ahead of their own candidate via some other route).

Of course, proving either one is difficult.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

My experience is that asking for agreement to sole representation for a specific client is fairly common and is not new. Though in my view that should only apply to the hiring manager in question, and should be limited.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

I have had similar. Obviously sole agents are rarer nowadays.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Be careful to respond that they are only represented for a role. And only if your CV is submitted.

I have has cases before where agents can only submit limited CVs and try to stop other candidates.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Never heard of it but yes they are.

EDIT : Oh that representation... To confirm they are sole representative. Yep common...

And yes they are.
              We know you don't have a representative. You are independent on AW.....

Comment

Working...
              X