• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

While out of contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While out of contract

Hi all

My current contract ends this month and I was wondering while I am looking an not able to find any new work (and not on holidays) what would be the best things I could do.

What I did previously:
    1. Studied a new technology
    2. Tried to ponder in if there were any businesses I could get invovled in.
    3. Tried a new hobby
    4. Looked for more work in other fields (part-time or home based/online)

It would be nice to know from others.

Regards

Get nagged to do the 101 jobs round the house you have not had the time to do...
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      Get nagged to do the 101 jobs round the house you have not had the time to do...
      So totally this

Tell me that I'm the only one that then doesn't do them, land a gig quickly and have a nightmare last week to try get them done to avoid endless nagging and the inevitable 'but you didn't do them last time' line...
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        So totally this

Tell me that I'm the only one that then doesn't do them, land a gig quickly and have a nightmare last week to try get them done to avoid endless nagging and the inevitable 'but you didn't do them last time' line...
        Currently "resting" between gigs, new one starts in 2 weeks. Mrs V is doing that, she too had some time off and spent it doing needlework & shopping so every time she starts I just invite her to join me doing the jobs.

I now know all the words to the Trolls songs, all Paw patrol memes and hate 'let it go' from Frozen again. My workshop is now nice & shiny again though.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I have some recent experience in this regard. You could try pranking the household staff - that's always reason to get up in the morning. The grouse season has just opened, so there's that. What else? Flogging the tat you've received from African ambassadors on the US ebay site can be quite lucrative. Have a look around your immediate surroundings and take some inspiration from that.

Comment

Originally posted by getusama View Post
            My current contract ends this month and I was wondering while I am looking an not able to find any new work (and not on holidays) what would be the best things I could do.
            Read....

Comment

So totally this

There's a list on our fridge.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by getusama View Post
                what would be the best things I could do.
                Post more than once on CUK to beat your record of 1 post in 5 years? Give back to the forum seems it's been a fount of knowledge while you've been lurking all those years.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  There's a list on our fridge.
                  Lol
                  http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

So totally this

The dungeon won't clean itself, bitch.

Comment

Working...
                    X