• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Okay - I was wrong on Brexit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay - I was wrong on Brexit

UK unemployment falls to new 42-year low - BBC News

This is terrible! The UK must agree to rejoin now!

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    UK unemployment falls to new 42-year low - BBC News

This is terrible! The UK must agree to rejoin now!
    When did the UK leave the EU? Missed that one.

Comment

It IS terrible news: at the same time, the Beeb said that wages are falling in real terms

Comment

And shock horror...one in five of those unemployed are migrants

If we got rid of the migrants and Euro trash (possibly the same thing) how well would the employment figures improve?

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
          And shock horror...one in five of those unemployed are migrants

If we got rid of the migrants and Euro trash (possibly the same thing) how well would the employment figures improve?
          Most of the unemployed "migrants" are from non-EU countries and percentage wise EU migrants have a lower unemployment rate than the UK trash.

All in all if the EU migrants were to go home the economy would shrink, then the proportion of trash to the rest of the population would rise due to the fact that there is more trash in the UK population.
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 16 August 2017, 11:31.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Most of the unemployed "migrants" are from non-EU countries and percentage wise EU migrants have a lower unemployment rate than the UK trash.

All in all if the EU migrants were to go home the economy would shrink, then the proportion of trash to the rest of the population would rise due to the fact that there is more trash in the UK population.
            More shock horror!
            EU migrants without a job make up city the size of Bristol

One in seven of the 2,733,000 EU migrants aged 16-64 - a total of 390,000 - are unemployed or “inactive”.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Indeed and one of the reason people voted to leave the EU is so that we could concentrate on removing and re-educating the 'trash' as opposed to glossing over the problem with immigration.

But I suppose as long as the cost of your Mocha-ChocaChino with Pumpkin spice does not go up you will always see being in the EU as a benefit.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                When did the UK leave the EU? Missed that one.
                Standard Remainer "having your cake and eating it" ploy.

If anything bad happens it's because we're leaving the EU. But anything good happening is because we're still in the EU.

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  It IS terrible news: at the same time, the Beeb said that wages are falling in real terms
                  The Biased Broadcasting Corporation is very selective when it comes to reporting EU-related news, especially any unfavourable to its Remainer narrative.

A week or so ago the Economist and/or London School of Economics (both ardent Remainers BTW) released the results of a large survey involving 20,000 people. As I recall, these results said that about 70% of those who had voted to Remain were now firmly of the belief we should leave, with a hard Brexit if necessary.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a link to this, because needless to say there is no mention of it on Aljabeeba.

edit: Ah it's here, or referenced within one of the comments:

2017-08-11 Remoaners lose as voters strongly back 'hard Brexit'
                  Last edited by OwlHoot; 16 August 2017, 12:03.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    The Biased Broadcasting Corporation is very selective when it comes to reporting EU-related news, especially any unfavourable to its Remainer narrative.

A week or so ago the Economist and/or London School of Economics (both ardent Remainers BTW) released the results of a large survey involving 20,000 people. As I recall, these results said that about 70% of those who had voted to Remain were now firmly of the belief we should leave, with a hard Brexit if necessary.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a link to this, because needless to say there is no mention of it on [b]Aljabeeba[/b[.
                    Racist!

Seriously insult the Beeb but not a broadcaster from another country who has feck all to do with it.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X