• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Online banking with Barclays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online banking with Barclays

Anybody else using Barclays? Have you noticed that when you use the online banking it sends your logon id as a URL request to a third party: www.siteaccesstrends.co.uk ?

Okay so you still need your password and passcode, and it's a secure connection, but I still think sending part of your online banking credentials to somebody else isn't good.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Originally posted by VectraMan
    Anybody else using Barclays? Have you noticed that when you use the online banking it sends your logon id as a URL request to a third party: www.siteaccesstrends.co.uk ?

Okay so you still need your password and passcode, and it's a secure connection, but I still think sending part of your online banking credentials to somebody else isn't good.
    My ltd and I have online accounts in Barclays. But this never happened to me.

Comment

Originally posted by topgun
      My ltd and I have online accounts in Barclays. But this never happened to me.
      How do you know? Install httpwatch and you can see it happen.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan

How about reading their IB T&C and sending an email to the Information Comissioner if you have any doubt.

You *did* read the T&C's didn't you?

Comment

On line banking - Barclays

Have read previous blogs, have just detected a phising virus when accessing the ibank.barclays site. Bottom comand line details the following: "(1 item remaining) Downloading picture https://www.sitaccesstrends.co.uk//WebAnalytics/trend.gif?ci=barclays&pn=PE_login_step1"
          Have found the affending file in this case "5hGga.exe" now operating OK.
          I hope it helps......

Comment

Barclays Reply

I have also had this notice since installing Kaspersky IS and e-mailed Barclays direct. Their reply:
            Please be assured that we have authorised a third party to use these cookies (the three are @ibank.barclays.co.uk, @statse.webtrendslive.com and
            @www.siteaccesstrends.co.uk) on our site.

The company being used is a reputable MI producing company who record data for us to trend customer visits to the Online Banking site. At no time is any personal customer data being captured. Additionally Barclays strictly monitor, and have stringent guidelines on, the security of data none of which is passed to third parties but used by Barclays for our own internal use.

Any visitors to the Barclays websites are automatically covered by our own Privacy Policy, which extends to the data captured by cookies. The cookie is used to monitor activity on both the public site and the Barclays secure online banking service.

Comment

Working...
            X