• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corbyn leaves reality behind again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corbyn leaves reality behind again

Corbyn denies 'problem' with Pakistani men grooming girls | Daily Mail Online

But asked in a broadcast interview today if Rotherham, Rochdale, Newcastle and elsewhere showed there was a 'particular problem' with Pakistani men, Mr Corbyn replied: 'The problem is the crime that is committed against women from any community.

'Much crime is committed by white people, crime is committed by people of other communities as well. I think it is wrong to designate an entire community as the problem.
    oh dear.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

So, vetran, are you saying that all Pakistani men are grooming girls? Every single one of them?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

How is saying there is a problem the same as accusing all Pakistani men?

Anti racism is often just inverted racism. People get castigated for not speaking out against white right wing groups but nobody can say there is a problem in any minority ethnic group even when, as in this case, there most certainly is.

Just a denial of the realities of human nature, all humans can have racist attitudes and disdain for other groups, it isn't just limited to white people.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        So, vetran, are you saying that all Pakistani men are grooming girls? Every single one of them?
        no I am saying it is an issue with a small subset of that particular community. However it is an issue and it needs sorting not denying. That would be the same as most commentators are saying.

However, the Equality and Human Rights Commission said it was a 'real shame' that Ms Champion had been ousted due to 'over-sensitivity about language'.

Tory former children's minister Tim Loughton said: 'Those of us with experience in this area know Sarah Champion is highly respected for exposing child sexual abuse and should be listened to.'

He told Sky News Mr Corbyn was 'deaf to a problem that is happening in our country'.

Communities Secretary Sajid Javid, whose family background is Pakistani, posted on Twitter today: 'Corbyn wrong to sack Sarah Champion. We need an honest open debate on child sexual exploitation, including racial motivation.'

In the article for The Sun last week, Ms Champion sparked a backlash from Labour activists by writing: 'Britain has a problem with British Pakistani men raping and exploiting white girls.

'There. I said it. Does that make me a racist? Or am I just prepared to call out this horrifying problem for what it is?

Jeremy Corbyn: 'I don't think you can label a whole community.

'I think what you have to do is label those that perpetrate disgusting and disgraceful crimes against people, and they can be from any community, they can be white, they can be black, they can be any community, but they have to be dealt with as the crime of what it is.'

Interviewer: Do you not think there's a particular problem with Pakistani men? Because we've seen in Rochdale, we've seen in Rotherham, in Newcastle and Oxford, that's been the problem.'

Corbyn: 'The problem is the crime that is committed against women from any community.

'Much crime is committed by white people, crime is committed by people of other communities as well. I think it is wrong to designate an entire community as the problem.

'What I think is right is to deal with the problem of the safety and security and vulnerability of often young women, who can be groomed by all kinds of people into some awful and dangerous situations.'

'For too long we have ignored the race of these abusers and, worse, tried to cover it up.

'No more. These people are predators and the common denominator is their ethnic heritage.'

Labour MP Barry Sheerman wrote: 'I don't understand the forced resignation of Sarah Champion and nor will my constituents.'
        Same with catholic priests or FMG.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          no I am saying it is an issue with a small subset of that particular community. However it is an issue and it needs sorting not denying.
          You have the facts to show it's the Pakistanis doing this and not other ethnicities? I haven't seen data either way, does it exist?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            You have the facts to show it's the Pakistanis doing this and not other ethnicities? I haven't seen data either way, does it exist?
            The CPS, most newspapers & news outlets may be of use to you. They seem to think they were guilty.

However this ladies comments are the reason Corbyn is denying it.

Newcastle sex ring: People care more about being called racist than preventing child abuse, says Rotherham's Labour MP | The Independent

Speaking on the BBC’s Radio 4 Today programme, Ms Champion said there was a need to “acknowledge” that in all of the towns where similar cases have occurred “the majority of the perpetrators have been British Pakistani”.

“On the news last night there was a picture of 18 men convicted and there was no comment that 17 of those were clearly Asian men. It just pains me that this is going on time and time and time again and the Government aren’t researching what is going on.

“We have got now, hundreds of Pakistani men who have been convicted of this crime, why are we not commissioning research to see what is going on and how we need to change what is going on."

Grooming gangs 'not unique' to Newcastle, council leader warns
            Asked whether she herself would be attacked for her comments, Ms Champion replied: “Absolutely. The far-right will attack me for not doing enough and the floppy left will have a go at me for being a racist. But this isn’t racist, this is child protection. We need to be grown up about it and deal with it.
            I agree with her, there is clearly an issue as the shape of the crime seems to repeat in numerous towns.

I know it is controversial and dangerous as the right may exploit it but its coming clear that there is an issue.

Now if it were fat middle aged white IT blokes doing it I would also consider it worth investigating.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Don't be ridiculous he didn't say that at all. As we all know it's all Northern Pakistani men grooming Young white girls. Southern girls are cleverer & better behaved than Northerners.

Hth

MF
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Daily Mail denies that all white people are neo-fascists - Daily Mail Offline
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Good definition of Alt Right. What is Alt Left.

Like the word cuckservative, new to me that one.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    You'll have to look it up yourself as I don't know if anyone has collated the information. So it is anecdotal. I urge caution against anecdotal information but don't just discard it.

Try looking at successful prosecutions of rape gangs in the UK in the last 10 years. That's all public knowledge.

Obviously the Rotherham/Rochdale ones are a starting place.

The problem with Corbyn is that he could find the information to disprove the assertion that it is a crime mainly perpetrated by Muslim men (of Pakistani descent), but he either hasn't, or has done but the answer doesn't support his preferred answer.

A cynic might suggest that Labour traditional vote is now all but gone with the exception of the BAME communities. That's another piece of research that I'm certain he has done.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X