• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Tip for Plan B/C/D types here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Tip for Plan B/C/D types here

You don't have to come up with the ultimate business idea. Something no one has ever though off, something unique. Something earth shatteringly brilliant.

You can just find an existing business that has a medium barrier to entry, is in a growing market with a good future and take market share from the existing players.

Worked for me.

Have any of you seen that tripe they call The Big Idea on Sky TV?

That Badger woman off of The Apprentice is on it.

Some of the inventions/big ideas/plan B,C,D,Z or whatever...are hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      You don't have to come up with the ultimate business idea. Something no one has ever though off, something unique. Something earth shatteringly brilliant.

You can just find an existing business that has a medium barrier to entry, is in a growing market with a good future and take market share from the existing players.

Worked for me.

Yes, little prawn, but the question is "How long do you need to wait until you make some dosh?"
      The rest is silence...

Comment

What, invest in stocks and shares you mean?

Comment

My Plan B has been running since Aug last year. It did not make money for a few months.

To date turnover is around £400K and gross profit is just under £60K. It's all Internet based and services based (no delivered product) and payment is generally made by credit/debit card.

I employ a couple of ladies part time to run it during the day.

So not big money, but then to make a profit like that in the early days is a good sign.

You lot can take the piss if you want. I couldn't care less!

Comment

Yes and I get very cold in front of the PC naked all day.

HTH

Comment

Give us the PLAN B's website address...
              The rest is silence...

Comment

Originally posted by Viktor
                Give us the PLAN B's website address...
                Yeah right. My lovely ladies will be bombarded with calls from weirdo's, the site will be hacked and ridiculed and the company inbox will be full of spam.

Comment

Yeah right. My lovely ladies will be bombarded with calls from weirdo's, the site will be hacked and ridiculed and the company inbox will be full of spam.
                  I thought you were looking to increase your market share...
                  The rest is silence...

Comment

Working...
                  X