• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Honda S2000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda S2000

A bit off topic I know with all the "right on" threads about war, girlies and religion but I have a name to live up to. I took delivery last night of my brand new Honda S2000 and it is fantastic. Cannot wait for another 9 months when I can get the hood down.

Originally posted by Forumbore
    A bit off topic I know with all the "right on" threads about war, girlies and religion but I have a name to live up to. I took delivery last night of my brand new Honda S2000 and it is fantastic. Cannot wait for another 9 months when I can get the hood down.
    They're lovely motors - I test drove one once, but as I can only get in with the hood down, it didn't seem entirely practical...
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Why did you buy a car that has the same torque output as a 1.6 car that has to have 8000 rpm on the tacho to actually feel any oomph?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        Why did you buy a car that has the same torque output as a 1.6 car that has to have 8000 rpm on the tacho to actually feel any oomph?

The gearbox is a joy and it is a bit different, it clears speed humps pretty well and it is the only car I can get in purple.

Comment

Originally posted by Forumbore
          what's your knob got to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by Logie
            everything

Comment

Originally posted by Logie
              Didn't you see him say it's the only car he can get into when it's purple ???

Comment

Does it come with a horn or failing that a bell...end ?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  Never experienced VTEC then? The oomph you talk about kicks in at 5600rpm and goes up to the rev limiter at 8600rpm... awesome.

Of course the fact they are regarded by many motor journo's as the best proper sports car sensible money can buy means nothing to you!

I have a Civic Type-R btw (the cheaper more practical alternative!)
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Wow so you've got 0 to 5,600rpm to ....twiddle your thumbs

Comment

Working...
                    X