• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business idea

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business idea

Would this work? Would you wealthy, busy types pay for it.

Virtual Butler/PA.

Basically some people in India and some people in the UK (probably immigrants on low wages) that look after stuff for you so you don't have to bother.

They make sure things are done on time (renew your insurances, get best quotes, etc), pick up your car for servicing, MOT's, tend the garden, go shopping, book restaurants, find you deals on things you want to buy, arrange tulip and generally do all the stuff that takes up your valuable leisure time.

Thoughts please.

Originally posted by DimPrawn

Virtual Butler/PA.

Basically some people in India and some people in the UK (probably immigrants on low wages) that look after stuff for you so you don't have to bother.

They make sure things are done on time (renew your insurances, get best quotes, etc), pick up your car for servicing, MOT's, tend the garden, go shopping, book restaurants, find you deals on things you want to buy, arrange tulip and generally do all the stuff that takes up your valuable leisure time.

Thoughts please.
    My PA does that.
    Next...
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Virtual Butler/PA.

Thoughts please.
      It's been done. They went under. twice. I can't remember their name though.

In South Africa they have "finders" to do that for you.
      I was TheMonkey

Comment

DP, I think this already exists, I am sure I've seen something about it somewhere..

Comment

I propose Chico. Can you also add wiping tulip off my shoe to his list. thanks and god bless.

Comment

DP, I think you need to separate out the things which need a local presence (by which I mean, in the same town as the customer) and the things that can be done globally.

If I need a man to do odd jobs for me, I'm doubt that you are going to be able to provide a network of people to do this, that is any better, or more cost effective, than my just ringing a guy from yellow pages.

tim

Comment

Would they take out that dog from Aylesbury for me?

Comment

Dunno, what's she look like?

Comment

Rough!

Comment

Ruff! Ruff!
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal