• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We only want the brightest and best

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We only want the brightest and best

Time for another Brexit thread So the Leave groups kept on about that they only want to let the brightest and best in yet why would the brightest and best want to go to a country that has monumentally decided to **** itself up: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...eave-uk-brexit
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    they only want to let the brightest and best in
    That means you are right royally fooked then, being about as bright as a 2 watt lightbulb!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Mummy has gone out so now I can play on the computer
      FTFY
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The jingoistic shall be too consumed with X-factor to notice they're missing.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

So from their survey 1100 PhD's may or may not be leaving the UK and from this they have then extrapolated to become over a million ... looks like some sasguru skool of analysis going on at KPMG

Typical Project Fear bolluxs, conjecture presented as fact

it found that Britain remained in the top five most desirable EU countries (behind Germany and Sweden but ahead of Denmark and the Netherlands) in which to work

EU applications for UK citizenship up 80% since Brexit
          One of the most noticeable changes was among Germans, with applications almost tripling. + 193%
          France + 168%
          Marianne Kaufmann needs to decide wtf she is - wonder which team she supports in a World Cup
          Marianne Kaufmann, an EU national with dual French and German citizenship, has lived in the UK for 24 years and recently became a British citizen
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            That means you are right royally fooked then, being about as bright as a 2 watt lightbulb!
            Still 3 watts more than you
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post

Marianne Kaufmann, an EU national with dual French and German citizenship, has lived in the UK for 24 years and recently became a British citizen
              Marianne Kaufmann needs to decide wtf she is - wonder which team she supports in a World Cup
              There's hedging one's bets, and there's making really sure you're on the winning side, if there's another European war.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Time for another Brexit thread So the Leave groups kept on about that they only want to let the brightest and best in yet why would the brightest and best want to go to a country that has monumentally decided to **** itself up: https://www.theguardian.com/politics...eave-uk-brexit
                I thought I might retire there - make my pension go a lot further.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Leave them alone, darmy. They know they've screwed the country up, and they need to be allowed a safe space to sit quietly and think about what they've done.

Comment

Working...
                  X