• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Game of Thrones Season Seven Finale (Spoilers obviously!)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game of Thrones Season Seven Finale (Spoilers obviously!)

OK, something controversial, but given the wet dreams everyone was having on social media between the 2am showing and when I watched it at 9pm am I the only one who thought the finale to S7 was a let down?

Yes a lot was built up in preparation for season 8, but most of season 7 was preparing for something else, when the story split for GRRM writing I think it really showed with the pacing problems.

Yes the Night King riding the Ice Dragon as it destroyed the wall was impressive, yes there was a collective fist bump when Littlefinger got fingered, but that was so predictable it was taken as read that it was going to happen and there was a hell yes when Theon was kicked in the kanackers as he decided to save his sister but for an episode that long (think the run time was the same as a crap movie) and that hyped it left me a bit empty

Things that annoyed me:
    • Cersei bemoaning Dany for using a foreign army when she in turns will use one herself
    • What was the Night Kings plan for taking down the wall before the dragon
    • Bran, just Bran, everything about him is just pointless
    • If Emily Clarke is gonna get her kit off (while getting Kit off) at least make it watchable for the blokes who have to stare at his perfectly formed arse
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Watched it streamed in Welsh on the internet. Apparently it had been leeked....

Comment

Yeah bit of an anti climax really. Apart from the bastard who is not a bastard getting jiggy with his sister and the potential ramifications from that. They are like the Lannisters all over again, interesting twist. I did not think Little Finger was going to be offed!

Ice King vs Wall - without the dragon he would still have got in, he has a good few giants and they nearly got the Wildlings in a couple of seasons ago. So the dragon just made it easier I think.

Did they say no GoT until 2019? Oh dear

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
        Yeah bit of an anti climax really. Apart from the bastard who is not a bastard getting jiggy with his sister and the potential ramifications from that. They are like the Lannisters all over again, interesting twist. I did not think Little Finger was going to be offed!

Ice King vs Wall - without the dragon he would still have got in, he has a good few giants and they nearly got the Wildlings in a couple of seasons ago. So the dragon just made it easier I think.

Did they say no GoT until 2019? Oh dear
        I read on either newsthump or daily mash that she's his aunt? The dad does look a lot like the brother that got a load of molten gold poured all over his head.

Re 2019 - maybe they need to fix the hacking/leaking problem, I heard 2018 - have they pushed it out?

Shirley we'll see a spinoff between now and then? I heard there was at least one in the pipeline.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          I read on either newsthump or daily mash that she's his aunt? The dad does look a lot like the brother that got a load of molten gold poured all over his head.

Re 2019 - maybe they need to fix the hacking/leaking problem, I heard 2018 - have they pushed it out?

Shirley we'll see a spinoff between now and then? I heard there was at least one in the pipeline.
          We've known she was his aunt since season 6 when Bran finds out he's Rhaegar and Lianna's son, Ned's b'stard.

The season finale is often a bit of an anti climax. The general pattern is the big even/battle takes place 1 o 2 episodes before the end and after that it's tying up loose ends and setting it up for the next series. I've thoroughly enjoyed it.

Comment

The whole season has been great - I did think Cersei would try to kill everyone when they had their 'meet' so a bit disappointed in her ruthlessness.

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
              The whole season has been great - I did think Cersei would try to kill everyone when they had their 'meet' so a bit disappointed in her ruthlessness.
              She would have had all the unsullied/dothrakie/dragons to deal with if she had
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Watched it streamed in Welsh on the internet. Apparently it had been llychedd....
                FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  O am I the only one who thought the finale to S7 was a let down?
                  No, you're not the only one.

It's definitely lost its "je ne sais quoi" part of that being, IMO, a distinct lack of the scheming and undercurrents that were part of the intrigue.

Predictable quasi-dramatic events. I don't feel that S7 moved us very far forward.

I'll watch S8 to see it to the end, but not with the eager anticipation I had approaching S7.

Comment

My theory for Series 8 is that Cersei's baby is not actually Jamie's but is that of the "Mountain".

And when it is born it will be so horribly disfigured and oddly shaped that giving birth will kill her off.

Much the same way as her mother was offed when Tyrian came along.

And Tyrian will be there to watch this unfold as he will, by that stage, have become fed up watching Jon Snow doynking his Auntie.

But that is just MY theory.
                    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X