• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poll - Lunch Break (Billable)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poll - Lunch Break (Billable)

Seems like a permie thing to do, but do any of you bill for your lunch break?
    Yes
    0.00%
    No
    88.89%
    I'm billed by AndyW's mum during lunchtime.
    11.11%
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

No I bill for a pwd which includes lunch at some point.
    I do expense claim for lunch at the moment though.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      I charge a day rate, sometimes I work more hours, sometimes less. But I don't think I would charge for a lunch break if I was charging by the hour.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
        It does not sound like a permie thing to do. Most employment contracts I've ever had specify I'm entitled to a one hour unpaid break at lunchtime.

I've added an AndyW option as you unaccountably omitted one.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

PWD. But if I don't take a lunch break, I go home at 5.

Comment

PWD. Normally I take 30 mins for lunch if I'm on site. It varies how long I take at home - sometimes 15 mins, sometimes I go for a 1 hour dog walk.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
            X