• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit talks cannot succeed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit talks cannot succeed

This Sky article kind of crystalises what my thinking has been over the last few days watching the Brexit negs.

Sky Views: Brexit talks cannot succeed

"...And that is because of a mistake Theresa May made on day one of becoming prime minister. She adopted the language and approach of the Leave campaign, hook, line and sinker and she failed to prepare the way for the inevitable compromise which would be part of any bespoke deal."
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    This Sky article kind of crystalises what my thinking has been over the last few days watching the Brexit negs.

Sky Views: Brexit talks cannot succeed

"...And that is because of a mistake Theresa May made on day one of becoming prime minister. She adopted the language and approach of the Leave campaign, hook, line and sinker and she failed to prepare the way for the inevitable compromise which would be part of any bespoke deal."
    Bounce.

Comment

That must have been difficult for them to write.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Ah and there was me thinking it was because the EU27 / Barnier / Drunker were being bloody minded, protecting their bureaucracy and non-free-trade bloc.

But no, it's all TM's fault. (c) The Independent, the Guardian, the BBC, SKY, the FT.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Ah and there was me thinking it was because the EU27 / Barnier / Drunker were being bloody minded, protecting their bureaucracy and non-free-trade bloc.

But no, it's all TM's fault. (c) The Independent, the Guardian, the BBC, SKY, the FT.

how is the EU not a free trade bloc ?

Milan.

Comment

It is.

As Home Secretary meeting up with her counterparts in Europe she would know how negotiation happens in the EU. So she should have been using that knowledge when she became PM.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This persecution complex may make you feel better in the short term, but it won't keep the British people in jobs.

Comment

There seems to be life in this thread after all.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  This persecution complex may make you feel better in the short term, but it won't keep the British people in jobs.
                  Nonsense. But keep on with the negativity but I do worry your old heart won't cope with the strain of all your depressive thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                    There seems to be life in this thread after all.
                    It's more like something from the walking dead, just won't die.

Comment

Working...
                    X