• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linkedin Profile Copied

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linkedin Profile Copied

Someone who I am not connected to on LinkedIn, although is working in the same domain/skillset as me, has copied parts of my job roles profile onto theirs word for word

I feel a bit of a *nob asking them to change this, so suggestions on to deal with this greatly welcomed...

Why would you feel like a nob? If you can prove they copied you then (a) ask them to amend and (b) see if there's a way to report it to LinkedIn as a copycat account or such like.

Either that or tell us who it is and we can all stalk the person?

Comment

Oh stalking
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Why would you feel like a nob? If you can prove they copied you then (a) ask them to amend and (b) see if there's a way to report it to LinkedIn as a copycat account or such like.

Either that or tell us who it is and we can all stalk the person?
        WLMS

Cheeky bugger!

How did you find out?
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          Someone who I am not connected to on LinkedIn, although is working in the same domain/skillset as me, has copied parts of my job roles profile onto theirs word for word

I feel a bit of a *nob asking them to change this, so suggestions on to deal with this greatly welcomed...
          https://www.linkedin-makeover.com/20...le-plagiarism/
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If people on here know who you are get them ALL to endorse you for Business Storytelling, Online Marketing or something else to do with having good writing skills.

Make sure you tell them exactly what to endorse you for, and get a few of them to comment about your CV.

Meanwhile let us stalk them...
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              WLMS

Cheeky bugger!

How did you find out?
              They are a 3rd line connection and their profile came up which I just happened to have a look at.

The cheek of some people !

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                If people on here know who you are get them ALL to endorse you for Business Storytelling, Online Marketing or something else to do with having good writing skills.

Make sure you tell them exactly what to endorse you for, and get a few of them to comment about your CV.

Meanwhile let us stalk them...
                You can be quite scary sometimes, SE...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

There's only so many ways you can describe flipping a burger

Comment

Damn, I've been rumbled.
                    Save
                    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
                    X