• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How I made my first million

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How I made my first million

I just sat at home and did nothing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6182480.stm

The number of property millionaires in England and Wales has increased by a third to nearly 80,000.

Research from the Portman Building Society shows 78,219 homeowners in England and Wales have property that is worth in excess of £1m.

Perhaps 80,000 bankrupts when The Crash cometh.....
    Vieze Oude Man

Comment

FFS, so if I borrow £950k to buy a million pound house, I'm suddenly a millionaire?

Comment

According to the BBC, yes.

Comment

My first million was easy. The 5th and 6th took a little longer though.
          Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Actually, they (them rich people) say making your first million is by far the hardest. The 5th and 6th should be a breeze after that.

Comment

Not for me it wasn't. The security guards at the cash deposit facility got wise after my 4th hit...
              Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Working...
              X