• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Agency is getting ansy!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Agency is getting ansy!

Ive been on a new contract for 4 weeks but because Ive been between the office & hospital and hardly been home I have only sent in 2 time sheets so far, not returned a signed contract(but gojust sent yesterday), never gave them the references they wanted, havent given them bank details or vat or Ltd company certificate and they're getting funny with me.

Oh it's just we're concerned about how YOU are going to get paid!!!!

I can wait, the client can wait, but the agency.......
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

I will pray for you.

Especially as you are unfortunate enough to live in Basingstoke.
    Last edited by Pope Benedict XVI; 26 November 2006, 09:39.

Comment

In a way, I think it's a good idea to do this (act as though you're not too bothered about payment) because this then sends a clear message to the agency that you don't really need the money, so they'll think twice about trying to pull one over you with their margin. I think that if they sense you are desperate (hand to mouth) for money, then they think they have a hold over you.

Comment

In my experience that makes sod all difference, they still come round nagging you for you time sheets each payment cycle.

tim

Comment

My agency forgot I was working for them....

I had to phone them up to remind them that I was still here and getting paid was a nice idea...

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
            My agency forgot I was working for them....

I had to phone them up to remind them that I was still here and getting paid was a nice idea...
            I had that, no renewal came through even though the client wanted one. When I rang them, the agent had left and took all his contractors' details with him.

Comment

Working...
            X