PDA

View Full Version : On this forum, as in society as a whole, Brexiters are on the thick end ...

sasguru
25th September 2017, 13:16
... of the intelligence spectrum.

This is not really in dispute :

EU referendum: How the results compare to the UK's educated, old and immigrant populations (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/)

Which raises the question: in an increasingly cognitively-demanding world (particularly in a non-manufacturing knowledge/services economy like the UK) who on earth do Brexiters expect to make the country great, given that in general they can't work their way out of a wet paper bag?

shaunbhoy
25th September 2017, 13:19

You will find that people that make sweeping generalisations are generally to be found at the thick end of almost ANY spectrum.

HTH

:laugh

northernladyuk
25th September 2017, 13:20

EU referendum: How the results compare to the UK's educated, old and immigrant populations (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/24/eu-referendum-how-the-results-compare-to-the-uks-educated-old-an/)

Which raises the question: in an increasingly cognitively-demanding world (particularly in a non-manufacturing knowledge/services economy like the UK) who on earth do Brexiters expect to make the country great, given that in general they can't work their way out of a wet paper bag?

They'll panic and hire scooter and darmy as consultants.

sasguru
25th September 2017, 13:23
You will find that people that make sweeping generalisations are generally to be found at the thick end of almost ANY spectrum.

HTH

You being on the thick end of the intelligence spectrum, I don't really expect you to understand demographic analysis.
But thanks for providing anecdotal evidence for my point.

Big Blue Plymouth
25th September 2017, 13:24
Is all this discord over Brexit just going to drag on for years and years?

Certainly seems that way.

Just wondering if I might just as well feck off abroad. Seriously sick of the whole thing, from both sides.

northernladyuk
25th September 2017, 13:28
Being on the thick end of the intelligence spectrum, I don't really expect you to understand demographic analysis.

You might want to read through that sentence again.

northernladyuk
25th September 2017, 13:28

Just wondering if I might just as well feck off abroad. Seriously sick of the whole thing, from both sides.

Please don't. We like abroad as it is.

shaunbhoy
25th September 2017, 13:29
Being on the thick end of the intelligence spectrum, I don't really expect you to understand demographic analysis.

Indeed, for the majority on here, our expectations for your analytical abilities are fairly low.

And there was really little need for you to remind us that you are on the thick end of the intelligence spectrum.
Thus far you have provided 33K+ posts to cement that assertion.

But keep em coming, they lighten the mood.

sasguru
25th September 2017, 13:31

Probably.
Remainers could simply accept the country being ruined by innumerate imbeciles who've destabilized the economy and allowed a Marxist like Corbyn a real chance of being elected due to their misjudgement.
But allowing that would be traitorous and unpatriotic.

sasguru
25th September 2017, 13:33

:wink

WTFH
25th September 2017, 13:34

It will drag on at least as long as it takes for Brexit to happen, so another 3+ years.

If we are to believe the front page of the Express, it’s the EU’s fault that Britain won’t leave on time, there won’t be a hard Brexit, and in fact we could be tied to Brussels for a decade or more.

northernladyuk
25th September 2017, 13:35
It will drag on at least as long as it takes for Brexit to happen, so another 3+ years.

If we are to believe the front page of the Express, it’s the EU’s fault that Britain won’t leave on time, there won’t be a hard Brexit, and in fact we could be tied to Brussels for a decade or more.

Diana's ghost told them, so it must be true.

xoggoth
25th September 2017, 14:04
Usual crap from the usual crap source:

a) Far more people go to university these days, it is just a trend, not an indication of knowledge or intelligence. Unless a degree is in some relevant subject, and most aren't, having a degree does not make one better informed on the EU issues.

b) Even if they do not have a degree, older people have more relevant knowledge, having seen what has happened over decades in pursuit of these Utopian dreams that ignore real concerns. Yugoslavia is a very good example.

c) Not to say there is not a correlation between success and views on the EU but that is just self interest, not down to some fabulous enlightenment. More educated people are not the ones being driven out of their jobs or seeing their wages frozen by an influx of cheap labour, not the ones who are finding it more difficult to find low cost rental accommodation or a school place for their kids. Nor do they experience the increase is some crimes either, although we aren't supposed to mention that.

d) Hardly surprising that more immigrants and ethnics voted remain. That is not some indication of a higher intellect either but only because our own society and history mean nothing to them. If it had been their own societies massively affected by similar issues you can bet they would have similar concerns.

Before we get the usual cretin stuff, I will point out that I got a 1st class honours in Chemical Engineering back when standards were rather higher, what did you get?

sasguru
25th September 2017, 14:11
Usual crap from the usual crap source:

a) Far more people go to university these days, it is just a trend, not an indication of knowledge or intelligence. Unless a degree is in some relevant subject, and most aren't, having a degree does not make one better informed on the EU issues.

b) Even if they do not have a degree, older people have more relevant knowledge, having seen what has happened over decades in pursuit of these Utopian dreams that ignore real concerns. Yugoslavia is a very good example.

c) Not to say there is not a correlation between success and views on the EU but that is just self interest, not down to some fabulous enlightenment. More educated people are not the ones being driven out of their jobs or seeing their wages frozen by an influx of cheap labour, not the ones who are finding it more difficult to find low cost rental accommodation or a school place for their kids. Nor do they experience the increase is some crimes either, although we aren't supposed to mention that.

d) Hardly surprising that more immigrants and ethnics voted remain. That is not some indication of a higher intellect either but only because our own society and history mean nothing to them. If it had been their own societies massively affected by similar issues you can bet they would have similar concerns.

Before we get the usual cretin stuff, I will point out that I got a 1st class honours in Chemical Engineering back when standards were rather higher, what did you get?

Ah bless, the dotard with some completely irrelevant bollux.
The question was how will the poorly educated demographic cope with the knowledge economy?
Got any answers?

milanbenes
25th September 2017, 14:16
Please don't. We like abroad as it is.

I tell you what, I am seeing a lot more British registered cars abroad these days

Milan.

scooterscot
25th September 2017, 14:21
Truth be told... if the IQ of the average Brexiter fell any further we'd have to water em twice daily.

northernladyuk
25th September 2017, 14:25
Truth be told... if the IQ of the average Brexiter fell any further we'd have to water em twice daily.

We already water you and darmy twice daily. I wouldn't bother with them.

sasguru
25th September 2017, 14:26

milan is a hardy perennial weed. Doesn't need watering

darmstadt
25th September 2017, 15:43

Oh look, ugly troll geezer is off on a roll again. I really do suspect that you're related to SB or maybe just his secret lover

darmstadt
25th September 2017, 15:46

At least we don't dribble piss all down ourselves like you and loverboy...

northernladyuk
25th September 2017, 15:49
Oh look, ugly troll geezer is off on a roll again. I really do suspect that you're related to SB or maybe just his secret lover

SB is a thick as mince Brexiteer, whereas I am a clever Bremainer. As an example of that rare 'thick as mince Bremainer' beast, you struggle to see that those who differ from you are not necessarily the same as each other.

xoggoth
25th September 2017, 17:20
Ah bless, the dotard with some completely irrelevant bollux

Oh right, so the title of your thread and the link you posted in "support" of it was not relevant to your post. A most novel approach I have to say!

in an increasingly cognitively-demanding world (particularly in a non-manufacturing knowledge/services economy like the UK) who on earth do Brexiters expect to make the country great

Another slight problem with your "logic" there is that easy access to cheap, low-skilled labour is a significant factor in our low productivity economy and has been for many decades. We have a much higher percentage in low technology jobs like cafes and hotel workers rather than in more advanced industries because these low paid workers make technology and innovation less necessary. If we opened our borders to Bangladesh, say, which direction do you think our economy would go? Do you imagine we'd get a boom in high tech. industries?

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/nov/24/why-is-uks-productivity-still-behind-that-of-other-major-economies

The rapid expansion of mainly low-level service jobs that carry low levels of pay is another reason. In France and Germany, the coffee shop and online delivery culture is still in its infancy by comparison with the UK. These are businesses that provide a valued but unsophisticated service with limited room for productivity improvements.

It means the UK has lower unemployment and a bigger workforce, with fewer people economically inactive than France – but lower productivity and lower pay.

In France, and to a lesser extent Germany, restrictions on working hours are other factors at play. For instance, widespread industrial pay bargaining and limits on redundancies make hiring workers a more costly proposition than in the UK. This encourages French and German firms to invest in the latest machinery and limit employment.

bobspud
25th September 2017, 17:23

I think several of the guys that instigated Brexit drop more cash on beer snacks than you will earn in your entire sorry little career. It makes you look like an absolute cock-womble to call them out for being stupid when one of them owns more land than our queen and while you are struggling to sell your house just so you can run away.

DimPrawn
25th September 2017, 17:47

Robots. We will make robots, 'innit?

http://images.amcnetworks.com/bbcamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/doctorwho_s06_pt2_e10-02.jpg

shaunbhoy
25th September 2017, 17:50
It makes you look like an absolute cock-womble to call them out for being stupid when one of them owns more land than our queen and while you are struggling to sell your house just so you can run away.

Classic....:laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh :laugh

Antman
25th September 2017, 18:19
I think several of the guys that instigated Brexit drop more cash on beer snacks than you will earn in your entire sorry little career. It makes you look like an absolute cock-womble to call them out for being stupid when one of them owns more land than our queen and while you are struggling to sell your house just so you can run away.

ouch!

sasguru
25th September 2017, 18:24

It's true I'm merely a millionaire rather than a multi-millionaire.
But if you're equating wealth with intelligence then surely Beckham is more intelligent than Einstein?
Not to mention that your examples are the exception who prove the rule. Surely a simple concept to understand?
And you call me a cock-womble? :laugh
Thanks for proving my point.:rollin::rollin:

eek
25th September 2017, 18:28
But if you're equating wealth with intelligence then surely Beckham is more intelligent than Einstein?
Not to mention that your examples are the exception who prove the rule. Surely a simple concept to understand?
And you call me a cock-womble? :laugh
Thanks for proving my point.:rollin::rollin:

But it seems that you are a millionaire just because you hit luck on property - and to be honest that's not something to celebrate just to be thankfully that you are intelligent and lucky enough to get out before the current insanity ends...

sasguru
25th September 2017, 18:32
But it seems that you are a millionaire just because you hit luck on property - and to be honest that's not something to celebrate just to be thankfully that you are intelligent and lucky enough to get out before the current insanity ends...

Indeed I've always acknowledged my luck. Although several of my peers seem to have pissed up their good fortune.
If the insanity ends in the right way i.e. a hard Brexit there may yet be oppos to become a multimillionaire.

shaunbhoy
25th September 2017, 18:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w1g-idt-8U

Yes of course you are.............Walter!
But only if you convert your cash to matabele gumbo-beans! :laugh :laugh

vetran
25th September 2017, 18:37

yes but they pay handsomely for that who knew Shaun's wee would be so valuable?

shaunbhoy
25th September 2017, 18:38
yes but they pay handsomely for that who knew Shaun's wee would be so valuable?

NLYUK........she orders it from me online.

Taking the piss really.

vetran
25th September 2017, 18:42
It's true my wife is merely a millionaire rather than a multi-millionaire.

FTFY

tell you what send us brexiters £100 Billion as part of your Golf membership/bar bill / divorce fund etc. and we will talk to you.

Vetran channelling his inner Euw!

jamesbrown
25th September 2017, 18:44

Trying to imagine a suitable consultancy for scooter... How to run a competition for the most complicated way to screw up the simplest problem? How to design an Excel app that randomly picks a colour for your birthday party clown nose?

vetran
25th September 2017, 18:47
Trying to imagine a suitable consultancy for scooter... How to run a competition for the most complicated way to screw up the simplest problem? How to design an Excel app that randomly picks a colour for your birthday party clown nose?

Excel app to make it look like King Alex & Wee jimmy are ruling an independent Scotland?

northernladyuk
25th September 2017, 18:59

Airport hotel booking service.

northernladyuk
25th September 2017, 19:00
NLYUK........she orders it from me online.

Taking the piss really.

Label it up as buckfast and export it to Paisley.

BlasterBates
25th September 2017, 19:09
Let us now get back to the point.

UK completely humiliated in the Brexit talks (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-transition-period-single-market-eu-chief-negotiator-michel-barnier-talks-brussels-davis-davis-a7966616.html)

northernladyuk
25th September 2017, 19:11
Let us now get back to the point.

UK completely humiliated in the Brexit talks (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-transition-period-single-market-eu-chief-negotiator-michel-barnier-talks-brussels-davis-davis-a7966616.html)

I predict the row of the autumn over this.

BlasterBates
25th September 2017, 19:28
Well the former Chancellor's newspaper has spotted it but will the Brexiteers ?

Potential 30 billion debt hole (https://www.standard.co.uk/business/carney-sounds-alarm-on-30bn-uk-debt-bubble-a3642716.html)

sasguru
25th September 2017, 20:22
Well the former Chancellor's newspaper has spotted it but will the Brexiteers ?

Potential 30 billion debt hole (https://www.standard.co.uk/business/carney-sounds-alarm-on-30bn-uk-debt-bubble-a3642716.html)

Doubt it. one of the Brexiters was only the other day talking about the "powerhouse British economy".
Stupidity on that level is beyond parody :laugh

xoggoth
25th September 2017, 20:33
Ah yes. Never had any debt problems in the Eurozone countries have they?

https://www.thebalance.com/eurozone-debt-crisis-causes-cures-and-consequences-3305524

DimPrawn
25th September 2017, 20:35
Doubt it. one of the Brexiters was only the other day talking about the "powerhouse British economy".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T72TopWbXJg

vetran
25th September 2017, 20:59

https://www.thebalance.com/eurozone-debt-crisis-causes-cures-and-consequences-3305524

Xoggy don't engage, if its bad it must be Britain if its really bad it can't be the EUSSR.

The good thing is most of the Bremoaners are leaving the UK thanks to Brexit!

shaunbhoy
25th September 2017, 21:04
The good thing is most of the Bremoaners are leaving the UK thanks to Brexit!

Most of the Bremainers left the UK BEFORE we voted to Brexit.

That is why they are all gurning into their consomme now as they are concerned about their own personal positions. Nothing to do with what might be better or worse for the UK as a whole.

Plain old-fashioned self-interest, nothing more nothing less.

Perfectly understandable to vote selfishly of course, but at least have the stones to admit it instead of subjecting the rest of us to all this hypocritically pious waffle.

:eyes

BlasterBates
25th September 2017, 21:32

You mean government debt. Well on that score the UK is no better than the Eurozone.

https://www.debtclocks.eu/public-debt-and-budget-deficits-comparison-of-the-eu-member-states.html

The difference though is that the UK's debt is growing twice as fast as the Eurozone.

In any case that 30 billion bubble is private consumer debt, i.e. the UK economy will be blown apart if there is a recession.

original PM
26th September 2017, 09:17
You mean government debt. Well on that score the UK is no better than the Eurozone.

https://www.debtclocks.eu/public-debt-and-budget-deficits-comparison-of-the-eu-member-states.html

The difference though is that the UK's debt is growing twice as fast as the Eurozone.

In any case that 30 billion bubble is private consumer debt, i.e. the UK economy will be blown apart if there is a recession.

Thats like trying to argue that it is better to swim in a ocean of shit rather than a sea.

Either way you are still swimming in shit.

However a sea is smaller than an ocean and therefore easier to get out of.

Platypus
26th September 2017, 10:02
One of the Brexiters was only the other day talking about the "powerhouse British economy".

This doesn't seem so bad:

British manufacturing now eighth largest in the world | City A.M. (http://www.cityam.com/272260/british-manufacturing-now-eighth-largest-world)

original PM
26th September 2017, 10:14

British manufacturing now eighth largest in the world | City A.M. (http://www.cityam.com/272260/british-manufacturing-now-eighth-largest-world)

Ahh yes but it relies on 'insert company name here' and then 'insert negative rhetoric here'

So there you go.

sasguru
26th September 2017, 10:55

Ahh yes but it relies on 'insert company name here' and then 'insert negative rhetoric here'

So there you go.

And how much of that manufacturing is composed of foreign companies who are based here because they have hitherto had access to the single market?
This thread was predicated on the fact that Brexiters are on the thick end of the IQ scale.
You're not meant to make my assertion so easy to prove.

original PM
26th September 2017, 10:57
And how much of that manufacturing is composed of 'insert company name here' (foreign companies who are based here because they have hitherto had access to the single market) 'insert negative rhetoric here'?
This thread was predicated on the fact that Brexiters are on the thick end of the IQ scale.
You're not meant to make my assertion so easy to prove.

FTFY

But at least you followed the template nearly

:rolleyes:

sasguru
26th September 2017, 11:13
FTFY

But at least you followed the template nearly

:rolleyes:

Thanks for proving my point about the low intelligence of Brexiters, by completely ignoring a valid question.
So what's the answer? What rank in the world would "UK" manufacturing be if we discount all foreign manufacturers?

original PM
26th September 2017, 11:16
Thanks for proving my point about the low intelligence of Brexiters, by completely ignoring a valid question.
So what's the answer? What rank in the world would "UK" manufacturing be if we discount all foreign manufacturers?

I have no idea - why not google it?

sasguru
26th September 2017, 11:21
I have no idea - why not google it?

You don't think it's an important question to answer in the context of Brexit, which you voted for?
I didn't vote for Brexit because I'm aware of the weakness of British manufacturing industry and know that all the Japanese, German and Indian (Land Rover/Jaguar) companies are here because they have access to the EU market and that they'll be gone as soon as you can say "tariffs".

HTH, BIDI.

original PM
26th September 2017, 11:33
You don't think it's an important question to answer in the context of Brexit, which you voted for?
I didn't vote for Brexit because I'm aware of the weakness of British manufacturing industry and know that all the Japanese, German and Indian (Land Rover/Jaguar) companies are here because they have access to the EU market and that they'll be gone as soon as you can say "tariffs".

HTH, BIDI.

No it does help.

Generally you are saying that because the UK is no longer in the EU therefore tariffs will be slapped onto goods manufactured in the UK which will in turn make the UK a less attractive proposition for manufacturing companies and so they will move to some on mainland Europe.

It's a fair argument but one does not take into account a large number of points which a company would have to consider before making any moves.

And it also relies on the EU imposing some form of tariff on goods wholly or partly manufactured in the UK.

BlasterBates
26th September 2017, 11:45
No it does help.

Generally you are saying that because the UK is no longer in the EU therefore tariffs will be slapped onto goods manufactured in the UK which will in turn make the UK a less attractive proposition for manufacturing companies and so they will move to some on mainland Europe.

It's a fair argument but one does not take into account a large number of points which a company would have to consider before making any moves.

And it also relies on the EU imposing some form of tariff on goods wholly or partly manufactured in the UK.

You are absolutely right companies won't simply relocate because of trade barriers but companies are relocating between the UK and other countries all the time. By sticking up trade barriers more companies will leave than are currently leaving and fewer companies will arrive. Over time the UK economy will shrink because EU countries will become more attractive locations than the UK.

It has even happened in the last year. Companies that were intending to invest in Britain are now not investing, simply because the minor advantage that Britain had was wiped out by the Brexit vote.

It will take some time for that to be noticeable.

NigelJK
26th September 2017, 13:44
On average 5% of the profit for a product comes from its manufacture. Hence the move to places like China (until they want paying western salaries).

BrilloPad
26th September 2017, 13:45
On average 5% of the profit for a product comes from its manufacture. Hence the move to places like China (until they want paying western salaries).

3D printers will fix that

northernladyuk
26th September 2017, 15:02

If 52% of people can fail a simple multiple choice test with one correct answer from a choice of two, there is little hope they will be able to meet successfully more complex cognitive challenges.

Bean
26th September 2017, 16:33
If 52% of people can fail a simple multiple choice test with one correct answer from a choice of two, there is little hope they will be able to meet successfully more complex cognitive challenges.

Please could you set out objective, testable criteria that proves that 1 of the outcomes is incorrect?

Two different people can vote for the two different options, for their own individual circumstances and differing reasons and still both be correct - can they not?

OwlHoot
26th September 2017, 16:49

It's what's called a Freudian slip. The kindest thing is to ignore it, because Sas is obviously insecure enough as it is about his intelligence. :rolleyes:

shaunbhoy
26th September 2017, 18:00

If you delve a little deeper you will see that the 52% actually passed the binary test as they were the ones that got the outcome they actually voted for.

HTH BIDI