• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Biztalk - rant of the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biztalk - rant of the day

What a crock.

Client has lots of data in Excel files they want to consume into Biztalk.

Does Biztalk natively consume XL files? Nope. You have to save them all as CSV or some other tulip it can cope with.

Come on. Microsoft Excel - Used to hold data. Microsoft Biztalk - Used to consume, translate and connect data. Can't talk to each other.

You can however, buy 3rd party (non Microsoft) Biztalk components that can read an XL file.

Crock.

HTH

you boyz and your noddy sme project make me laugh

why don't you get them to purchase some real integration engine software and you can get the experience and decent rates

Milan.

Comment

They are too cheap to spend the money. All done on the cheap. cheap cheap cheap.

Comment

that's cos you always contract to noddy sme's

you need to go to some blue chip companies with real big budget projects

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
          that's cos you always contract to noddy sme's

you need to go to some blue chip companies with real big budget projects

Milan.
          Aye. The blue chips even provide you with gloves for tape changing, eh, Milan?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

are you talking from experience or hearsay ?

if you're gonna be a tape changer why not be a tape changer for the biggest projects

Milan in 'trying to get into .Net' mode.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
              Does Biztalk natively consume XL files? Nope. You have to save them all as CSV or some other tulip it can cope with.
              Write your own bloody pipeline then. Its not difficult!!!!!

Comment

These "blue chips". How much do they spend on these IT projects?

I only seem to get little friendly companies these days who pay me £400/day to sit at home and drink tea and stuff.

These big "blue chip" contracts sound great. Please tell more.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy
                  Write your own bloody pipeline then. Its not difficult!!!!!
                  I know! I've written loads! But I'm not writing it you see! And those that are refuse to! So there!

And why should I! It's a crock of a product!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    I know! I've written loads! But I'm not writing it you see! And those that are refuse to! So there!

And why should I! It's a crock of a product!
                    Fair enough point. So what exactly is your involvement in this project then, and why don't you tell those lazy, good-for-nuffin bizTalk consultants to sort it out and write the damn pipeline.

Comment

Working...
                    X