• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Full disclosure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full disclosure

Yo mates,

applying tomorrow for British Nationality - to prove myself will get drunk tonight on cheap lager while watching Premiertulip game, then buy a kebab or something.

The burning question now is this - the application asks for any convictions including traffic offences, they also ask if I was involved in warcrimes of any kind, but this is a moot point, so, the guidance says fixed penalties (speeding and parking) need not to be reported, but call center people say best to put it anyway. Should I?
    Yes, so that they decline app and deport you
    5.56%
    Yes, honesty pays in long run
    44.44%
    No, technically you don't have to
    5.56%
    No... they will catch you lying and deport you
    22.22%
    Don't know and don't care
    16.67%
    I am andyW
    5.56%
    Last edited by AtW; 27 November 2006, 11:11.

*mootmananaan
    Last edited by Lucy; 27 November 2006, 11:36.

Comment

Thanx, luv.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
        *moot

Its a moo point. Like a cows opinion, who cares!

More classic Friends there for yous
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Calm dahn, calm dahn... no need to bother if that's what it says in the notes. Don't confuse public sector workers with any more info than strictly necessary.

Comment

If it says on the form include traffic offences then do so. The idiot on the helpdesk probably has no clue how the process works and give out duff info.

The point of most of these forms is to check that you are telling th truth anyway. They are likely to check out everything they have asked you and if they find out you have been lying it will be much worst than fessing up to something everybody in the UK has done anyway. (I wouldn't be surprised if you need to proove you have been done for a speeding offence to get British nationality!!!)

Comment

The guideline notes for that question say EXCLUSING fixed penalty notices for speeding and parking - the two I have, thankfully over 3 years old now.

I am inclined to add them on additional piece of paper with reference to printed out notes page just to be sure - I don't think DVLA that they may check will actually have a record of whether it was fixed penalty notice or not.

Comment

Are you feeling loved AtW ?

Nobody has chosen option 1. to have you deported

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                  Nobody has chosen option 1. to have you deported
                  Only because I would have no job there and spend all the time posting on this board...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                    Only because I would have no job there and spend all the time posting on this board...
                    So we would read more of your unique anecdotes if you went home ?

Comment

Working...
                    X