• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jealousy - family etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jealousy - family etc

Following on my comment about family expecting presents from holidays.

Make sure I NEVER tell family how much I earn. They do my head in. I'm not that loaded but we do OK. Wife only works part-time as a nurse so her income is not massive. But, we do have nice holidays and the rest of the family know this.

Number of times I've been called LUCKY. Pisses me right off. Don't speak to wife's sister because shes got a massive chip on her shoulder how we've got things that she hasn't. But apparently its because I'm lucky.

She left school with zero qualifications, I went to college. Of course (and shes said it), I get paid for sitting in an office tapping keys all day not doing real work.

Many times I'm tempted to say well you should have listened in school but my mrs wont let me!

Anyone else get this?

BTW. I certainly was not brought up with silver spoon in my mouth. My upbringing/background probably could not have been worse/disadvantageous to be honest. Come from a very poor family - which I guess is why my dear sister in law winds me up so much.
    Last edited by psychocandy; 28 September 2017, 10:29.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Although to be fair Im also a bit jealous myself - of NLUKs superior wisdom in all matters.....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Anyone else get this?
      Nope
      /thread
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Following on my comment about family expecting presents from holidays.

Make sure I NEVER tell family how much I earn. They do my head in. I'm not that loaded but we do OK. Wife only works part-time as a nurse so her income is not massive. But, we do have nice holidays and the rest of the family know this.

Number of times I've been called LUCKY. Pisses me right off. Don't speak to wife's sister because shes got a massive chip on her shoulder how we've got things that she hasn't. But apparently its because I'm lucky.

She left school with zero qualifications, I went to college. Of course (and shes said it), I get paid for sitting in an office tapping keys all day not doing real work.

Many times I'm tempted to say well you should have listened in school but my mrs wont let me!

Anyone else get this?

BTW. I certainly was not brought up with silver spoon in my wife. My upbringing/background probably could not have been worse/disadvantageous to be honest. Come from a very poor family - which I guess is why my dear sister in law winds me up so much.
        It's all relative. Get your sister-in-law to marry a banker, or even just a contractor.

Comment

I've got a great family who are all healthy and happy and I'm pretty well off to boot so they would be right, I am the luckiest man on earth.

If other people have a problem with it so be it. I can handle it.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
            It's all relative. Get your sister-in-law to marry a banker, or even just a contractor.
            Problem is would one want to marry such an obvious gold digger?
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Problem is would one want to marry such an obvious gold digger?
              Depends on what she looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
                It's all relative.

Comment

Your SIL sounds like mine. A bag of McCains on each shoulder.

I do dislike being told I'm lucky. I've worked for everything I have; sometimes I've worked hard, sometimes I haven't. What I didn't do was buy (or expect to be given) a ticket and be assigned my life in some kind of lottery. I've made both good and bad decisions and dealt with the fall out from the bad ones without expecting anyone to bail me out.

My brother is chilled about my general situation, as are my parents. My SIL seems to think I'm the favourite and get preferential treatment. She doesn't know that my retired parents help my brother out on a regular basis (and they really don't have a lot to be chucking around).

Comment

BTW. I certainly was not brought up with silver spoon in my wife.
                    Do you mean mouth? Or is this some sort of new perversion I should try? Sounds like the sort of thing JRM would do....

Comment

Working...
                    X