• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax credits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax credits

Whats this tax credit lark all about and how do I go about getting some of that love?

Mailman

Tax credits is where you are paying too much tax for what you earn so, by a convoluted means, the money taken from you is returned.

Only New Labour could dream up such a ridiculous notion, rather than increasing the tax free allowance or decreasing the lowest tax band rate.

Comment

Just changing thresholds would prevent NL from using "means testing" which supposedly is "fair": this means a lot of civil service workers would not be necessary.

Comment

And by creating these complex and artificial benefits you end up with:

Millions of people who are on benefits that can't get off
        Millions of people who are better off on the social than getting a job
        Millions of people who must vote Labour in order to ensure....oh I think I see what the point is now....

Comment

Working...
        X