• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blow me for €4 billion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blow me for €4 billion

EU blows €4.2billion in 2016 as spending hits record high  | Daily Mail Online
    Luckily its peanuts and someone signed off the accounts again.

Britain currently contributes around 12 percent of the EU budget, and the divorce bill is a key sticking point in Brexit talks, the fourth round of which conclude in Brussels on Thursday.
    RELATED ARTICLES
    Previous
    Next

David Davis dismisses 'made up' claims about the Brexit...

Chancellor Vs Boris, it's all-out war: 'I'm f***ing fed up...
    Share this article
    Klaus-Heiner Lehne, the head of the auditing body, said: 'Clearing this backlog and preventing a new one should be priorities, bearing in mind the planning of EU spending in the period starting in 2020.'
    High levels of misspending were found on rural development and the environment, the auditors said, as well as on 'economic, social and territorial cohesion' - projects to reduce regional inequalities and regenerate old industrial areas.
    Examples of misspending included a Spanish recipient of regional development funds declaring costs twice and wrongly declaring VAT.
    The report said the overall rate for wasteful spending fell to 3.1 percent of the EU's total €136.4billion spending in 2016, amounting to €4.2billion.
    This was down from 3.8 percent and €5.5billion in 2015 but still above the acceptable level of 2.0 percent.

Read more: EU blows €4.2billion in 2016 as spending hits record high  | Daily Mail Online
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

what is a few billion amongst enemies?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

For someone who's leaving you seem obsessed with the EU.
    Fook them, soon we'll be in the land of unicorns and fairies, no?
    Much better off than before?
    And your kids will have so many more opportunities?
    and the NHS will get 350 million extra per week and be the bestest system in the world.
    etc.etc.
    Last edited by sasguru; 28 September 2017, 21:36.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

what is a few billion amongst enemies?

You can't say that with a straight face when your leader spent £10 billion on religious fundamentalists just to get a few extra votes.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

NLyUK will be along shortly to accept your offer, vetran, but she’ll want cash.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

EU blows 4 billion? people? Euros worth of Charlie?

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            You can't say that with a straight face when your leader spent £10 billion on religious fundamentalists just to get a few extra votes.
            Out by a factor of ten. The deal was £1bn

Comment

Or in other words "EU is 96.9% efficient", which I think is pretty good

I know a fair few organisations around the world who would be happy with those numbers, the NHS for one
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Or in other words "EU is 96.9% efficient", which I think is pretty good

I know a fair few organisations around the world who would be happy with those numbers, the NHS for one
                IPSE for another.

Comment

That is why the UK needs to leave the EU, because afterwards they won't pay a penny into the budget.

Interestingly in a theoretical world where the UK would regularly pay huge amounts after grovelling for a deal where the PM is handed a pre-prepared written speech written by the EU commission they wouldn't be able to veto the budget anymore. However that is purely hypothetical.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    EU blows 4 billion? people? Euros worth of Charlie?
                    Or 4 billion people blow the EU?

Comment

Working...
                    X