• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horse prices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horse prices

Record Smashing Sale
    Sunday, October 08, 2017

The Lexington Selected Yearling Sale concluded Saturday with new records in all categories — gross, average, median and number of yearlings sold for $100,000 or more.

by Dave Briggs

After 25 years of managing yearling sales at the Fasig-Tipton Pavilion, Randy Manges has never witnessed an auction as gratifying as the 2017 Lexington Selected Yearling Sale which smashed records in all categories — gross ($36,410,000), average ($58,537), median ($42,000) and number of yearlings that sold for $100,000 or more (103).

“It has been a very fun sale to watch,” Manges said of the sale, which he manages with David Reid. “Dave and I put a lot of time and effort into it. This has been my 25th sale here and it’s been very rewarding. I’ve never had one where I felt better about the sale.”

Reid was similarly pleased with the results.

“It’s the highest grossing sale since the merger, since Lexington Selected was formed by the merger of Tattersalls Yearling Sale and the Kentucky Standardbred Sale in 2005,” Reid said. “It’s very satisfying for everybody within the company, I can assure you of that. It takes support from your breeders and support from your buyers. The record speaks for itself in the number of major stakes winners that the sale produces.”

Record Smashing Sale - Harness Racing Update

--

Yearlings, get yer yearlings now, last few remaining (or should it be left?)!

And there was me thinking horsemeat was used in lasagne because it was cheaper than beef?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      And there was me thinking horsemeat was used in lasagne because it was cheaper than beef?
      And you thought that horsemeat was real....?

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
        And you thought that horsemeat was real....?
        Mmmmm, Shetland pony. 🍴

Comment

Working...
        X