• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

William Brooke Joyce

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

William Brooke Joyce

is scooter a reincarnation, or just a wannabe?

Put it this way, you wouldn't want him alongside you in the trenches.

Come the revolution, he and his ilk will be strung up by their goolies from the nearest lamppost.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      I think this question is based around a general feeling that scoots is an annoying useless idiot based in Germany. But it misses the mark in other ways. If you listen to Joyce's late broadcasts, they are more reminiscent of those Brexiteers who are turning from a position that Brexit is going to be a triumph as soon as the secret weapons are unveiled, to a position that the UK is beset by enemies at home and overseas who have conspired to bring the great nation down, and who will now be themselves overwhelmed by either the collapse of the EU or the supremacy of the EUSSR superstate, depending on which hallucinogens have been consumed (which for Joyce would be equivalent to the triumph of Soviet Bolshevism).

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post

Come the revolution, he and his ilk will be strung up by their goolies from the nearest lamppost.
        How very Lord Haw-Haw.

Comment

Originally posted by Pip in a Poke View Post

Your revolution is on hold (again) - X-factor just started.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Joyce was, I'm led to believe, quite entertaining. So, not like Scooty in any way.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              Joyce was, I'm led to believe, quite entertaining. So, not like Scooty in any way.
              Miaow

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yes. When Joyce spoke, the nation tuned in.

Comment

Was an Irishman too...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Was an Irishman too...
                    he was born a Septic

Comment

Working...
                    X