• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prefer my Poodle to

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prefer my Poodle to

... my girlfriend.

linky

It's an admission that would see many of us end up in the dog house.

Chris Packham has confessed that his pet pooch means more to him than his other half.

The Springwatch presenter, who has been in a relationship with zoo owner Charlotte Corney for 10 years, said 14-year-old poodle Scratchy was the 'most important creature' in his life.

The 56-year-old, who was diagnosed with Asperger's in 2005, said that the condition meant his love for pets 'knows no bounds'.

The naturalist told Radio Times: 'Scratchy is the most important creature in my life. He's dependent on me; Charlotte isn't.
    OK this is freaky:
    Scratchy's twin, called Itchy, died last year and Packham has had the poodle's body kept in cold storage in a barn beside his cottage.
    As he's got Aspergers it appears he doesn't understand the dog will die in the next 5 years but he could easily live another 40 years.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    ... my girlfriend.

linky

OK this is freaky:

As he's got Aspergers it appears he doesn't understand the dog will die in the next 5 years but he could easily live another 40 years.
    His girlfriend could die in the next 5 years. Easier to get a new dog though.

Comment

Prefer my Poodle to

This is from the same newspaper that loves to run stories about him because he is anti-fox hunting, therefore evil, doesn’t hold back on his opinions about the importance of nature, therefore evil, and works for the BBC, therefore evil.

It’s not surprising that they selectively quote an article to ridicule him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-hunting.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-Packham.html
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        True. Though she is more likely to dump him.

Comment

... my girlfriend.

linky

OK this is freaky:

Just as an aside - should someone who does not recognise the fact has dog could die in 5 years but he could live to be 40 be allowed to drive?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Just as an aside - should someone who does not recognise the fact has dog could die in 5 years but he could live to be 40 be allowed to drive?
            What's that got to do with the price of fish?

Comment

I think what he’s trying to say is if something is dependent on you it should be ignored, only things that aren’t dependent on you should be valued.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                My wives always die within 5 years of marriage. They can't stand it any longer.

Comment

Chris Packham had a dog called Fish.

Comment

Prefer my Poodle to

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    My wives always die within 5 years of marriage.
                    If I’d married a cyclist, so might mine.

Comment

Working...
                    X